Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much do we think there actually is to spend? We’ve spent ~55-60m on Digne and Richarlison. We’ve brought in 23m from selling Klaassen and Funes Mori (though we have lowered the wage bill further with others out).

That’s a current net of ~35m. Apparently there is at least 30 more if the Mina reports are true. Surely that, plus the 10-20 we might be able to scrounge up from under the sofa cushions by selling the likes of Sandro, Mirallas, Williams and Bolaise is about it...

Means either we sell someone we like, execute some loans, or drop Mina in favor of cheaper esteoptions if we are to get the numbers Marco wants.

I suspect the net figure to be realtively low, 15-25 million, if we are functioning well. We can sell until the end of Aug so the out deals might depend on the ins we can manage, I.e. we might have deals lined up for out depending on what we can manage to bring in.

If we go beyond the 15-20 mill net spend, it’s likeLy we dipped into our Chinese overdraft. Or Moshiri has invested,ore and a share issue is in the offing. I suspect it’s probably that latter.

Net spend is irrelvent really, it’s all about wages and our ability to balance them against further progression in future windows.

How much do we think there actually is to spend? We’ve spent ~55-60m on Digne and Richarlison. We’ve brought in 23m from selling Klaassen and Funes Mori (though we have lowered the wage bill further with others out).

That’s a current net of ~35m. Apparently there is at least 30 more if the Mina reports are true. Surely that, plus the 10-20 we might be able to scrounge up from under the sofa cushions by selling the likes of Sandro, Mirallas, Williams and Bolaise is about it...

Means either we sell someone we like, execute some loans, or drop Mina in favor of cheaper options if we are to get the numbers Marco wants.

Its hard to say isnt it really.

As the chap above says we are looking at around 20m for Lookman.

So thats
DigRico 55m
Minus
DonkeyKlaassen 23m
Minus
Ratfink 20m
Be lucky to get 15m for the rest

Makes us about even.

So yeah Mina and loans IMO.

Its hard to say isnt it really.

As the chap above says we are looking at around 20m for Lookman.

So thats
DigRico 55m
Minus
DonkeyKlaassen 23m
Minus
Ratfink 20m
Be lucky to get 15m for the rest

Makes us about even.

So yeah Mina and loans IMO.
Bolded bits made me laugh out load - thanks for that. ;)

I suspect the net figure to be realtively low, 15-25 million, if we are functioning well. We can sell until the end of Aug so the out deals might depend on the ins we can manage, I.e. we might have deals lined up for out depending on what we can manage to bring in.

If we go beyond the 15-20 mill net spend, it’s likeLy we dipped into our Chinese overdraft. Or Moshiri has invested,ore and a share issue is in the offing. I suspect it’s probably that latter.

Net spend is irrelvent really, it’s all about wages and our ability to balance them against further progression in future windows.
Who can we sell to until the end of August though - doesnt the window shut for all 92?

At the start of the window there were five players in our squad that I felt were good enough to get us into the next tier of the Premier League - with the window soon to be coming to a close that number is still five. Progression

Charlie Adam, Ryan shawcross and peter crouch from stoke. Brand's master stroke working a dream. Only when we sign Darren bentvas back up will billy kenwright salivate once more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back