Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
sSN understands Everton are in talks with Stoke City over a deal to take midfielder Badou N’Diaye to Goodison Park, with defender Ashley Williams heading in the opposite direction.
N’Diaye is keen to play again in the Premier League, after impressing for Stoke since his £14m move from Galatasaraay in January, but Stoke are keen to keep him as they mount a challenge to return to the top flight at the first attempt.
Manager Gary Rowett told SSN yesterday he still wants more defensive cover before the window closes, and it’s though Williams is a favoured target - though it could be an initial loan deal for the man who turns 34 later this month.

Oh bugger off Everton we need better than this.

I'm not really sure that Rondon is the answer, but I do think that good hold-up play is possibly the most important attribute for a striker to have at the moment. With virtually every vogue formation featuring at least three 'midfielders' that don't work back when the team loses possession, it's vital that the ball sticks up top.

Personally, i think the most important attribute a striker needs to have is, the ability to score goals.

I desperately hope there is absolutely no truth in such rumours.

He reminds me a bit of Darren Gibson for what it's worth. Whether you view that as a good or bad thing I suppose will depend on your perspective of that time under Moyes. For me he was an excellent signing at first, who lost his way. That being said, I am not entirely sure we are crying out for a Darren Gibson player nor am I sure he would fit Silva's system.

For me it may be too much of a push to solve our central midfield conundrum this window. We continue to have lots of players with a question mark over them. Probably of all positions, it is in there we have most players who would get the biggest debate on whether there should be a place for them. Basic, McCarthy, Gana, Davies, Banningime and to an extent even Dowell fall into that. A new coach and a more youth orientated coach may help clarify that a little (hopefully with it being a tick in the column not a cross).

I am nervous though of adding any more players who will ultimately add another question mark. I think Drinkwater will do exactly that. At this stage I'd prefer us to wait a little and look to identify the best replacement we can (Doucoure would be a good example) and probably move on 2 or 3 from the list above to fund it. In many ways we have too many players there now. If you had Doucoure he would be a regular starter. You have Dowell, Davies, Banningime and to an extent Williams and Connolly who can provide some depth. You probably only want 2 more.

Agree actually. Is he a significant or even ANY upgrade on what we already have? Not sure he is IMO. Seems an utterly pointless signing if there’s any truth in it.

No way we have the money to make squad signings so if this bloke signs he'll definitely be in the starting 11. He's no better than Schneirderlin will just be a waste of money.

We need a quarter back style player who can spray the football about not some loose cannon who puts himself about we already have several of them in Gueye Davies Besic and I’m probably missing some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back