Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally unimpressed with the excitement over players whose primary asset appears to be that they are a 'unit' in modern parlance , which translates to 'a bit of a yard dog ' in old money.
I prefer to reserve my hopes and expectations on any player who is technically gifted , good on the ball, has a football brain and works hard even if he's also one of snow whites finest.
If I wanted to spend my Saturday's watching 'units' chug up and down the pitch bouncing one another to the ground I'd start watching Rugby Union ( and I hate Rugby Union).

Honestly I have no idea if Ndiaye is quality or not but he seems to be the type of player we need in midfield, athletic and able to play from box to box effectively
I've watched a few of his videos now and they are as impressive as some of the young French midfielders we've been purring over. If he played for Lille rather than relegated Stoke people would probably be crying out for us to sign him. Did anyone know whether he stood out in the Stoke team last season?

He looks a quick an strong runner with an eye for a pass and knows where the goal is. Different to any midfielder we have on our books at the moment. The one question I do have is why he doesn't have more caps for Senegal.?

I've watched a few of his videos now and they are as impressive as some of the young French midfielders we've been purring over. If he played for Lille rather than relegated Stoke people would probably be crying out for us to sign him. Did anyone know whether he stood out in the Stoke team last season?

He looks a quick an strong runner with an eye for a pass and knows where the goal is. Different to any midfielder we have on our books at the moment. The one question I do have is why he doesn't have more caps for Senegal.?

I think he did stand out for Stoke, their fans are very complimentary. He seems a very similar player to Gana. Maybe Silva will play them together?

There's probably a bit in it saying we'd be purring if he came from abroad, but there is an issue again with his age for me. I know I probably come across a bit obsessed, but there's only so much more improving he will do at that age and I'm not sure he would be qualitatively better than what we have. Maybe thats unrealistic for this window? Maybe thats unrealistic full stop? However I don't think we solve our midfield area by buying more players at a similar level.

In truth I'm not sure Gana/Schneiderlin have been a massive improvement on Barry, McCarthy and Besic. It's kind of a case in point really.

Asked my Stoke ST friend on Facebook about him:

"Very solid player, would fit nicely into your team. Proper box to box player, good engine and will chip in with a goal or two as well. I'm disappointed with the fee if £14 million is accurate but we will see. It was always likely we'd lose him this summer, his agent confirmed as much a few weeks after the season finished. Sounds like Williams could be heading our way on loan, we do need defensive cover desperately but I'd be surprised if he'd be happy to be back up to Shawcross and Bruno."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back