Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very unimpressed by young Tom Davies last season. I like Gana, but he can't pass properly. The French bloke needs a cattle prod up his date. But I've reconciled myself with the reality that where midfield's concerned, we're going to go with what we've got. (of course, what is absolutely imperative is a decent CB pairing...we currently don't have one).

Part of the problem with our central defence is the midfield too.

The crabs we currently have in midfield, are unable to move the ball forward, then either pass it backwards or get it taken off them.

This leads to the central defenders being constantly under pressure / panicking.

I`d argue that a baller in midfield, is of equal importance to a decent centre half pairing.

If we go with the midfield we`ve got at the mo, it doesn`t matter who we bring in at centre half, as they will be under constant pressure.

Dembele, despite his age, ticks every single box in midfield.

Part of the problem with our central defence is the midfield too.

The crabs we currently have in midfield, are unable to move the ball forward, then either pass it backwards or get it taken off them.

This leads to the central defenders being constantly under pressure / panicking.

I`d argue that a baller in midfield, is of equal importance to a decent centre half pairing.

If we go with the midfield we`ve got at the mo, it doesn`t matter who we bring in at centre half, as they will be under constant pressure.

Dembele, despite his age, ticks every single box in midfield.
you won't find disagreement from me mate. What you've identified therein your post is bang on. I just think its priority will be subordinate to the CB issue and won't be addressed this window. Of course I could be totally off the mark...there's plenty of precedence for that!

Zero chance of us getting Alderweireld, Spurs wouldn’t sell him to us and there’s no way he would want to come us given that he’d be first choice centre half in almost every team in Europe... And our midfield needs a lot of things but I don’t think Dembele is one of them as his legs have gone completely the last 12 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back