Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an interesting choice. Honestly, they’ve been crap ever since they dumped Gavin Harris and that little Mexican dude from LA.

You have to say it was good business to get shut of Harris since he got finished with Madrid not long after.

Swapping Munez, a fan favourite and bloody good footballer, for the finished carcass of Michael Owen was baffling especially as he led Real to a Champions League win.

WIGAN AGREE ROBINSON DEAL

Sky Sources: Wigan Athletic have agreed a season-long loan for Everton left back Antonee Robinson. The 20-year-old appeared on the pre-season trip to Portugal.

Wigan are also pursuing Everton centre back Matthew Pennington; Leeds have also enquired about the 23-year-old.

Good luck Antonee son

Told ya

New 5,8 incoming.

Want an attacking player but we I’ll happily wait if I can see one of our CM’s pass the ball forward, it will be a joy to all.

I really dont want Rojo.
My take on Rojo.

I think he's a decent defender, better than what we have, and it would be good to have a left footer who could also cover LB if needed. He'd also be decent if we played a higher line. But we also need some more height in the team as we look seriously exposed at set pieces, and have done for some time. We can employ a very tall CM for this, but the obvious choice would be to buy a tall CB. I appreciate Rojo is not exactly small but I don't think he's big enough to solve this ongoing problem we've had. He does look a winner though, and a bit of a snide, and we definitely need this harder streak in our team.

So all in all, if we can get him at the right price (wouldn't want to pay much north of £15m) and he is brought in alongside another taller CB, I'm all for it.

However, if we ended up paying United £30m for him, and they then used that £30m to buy Mina, who the world and his wife knows was our original first choice, I think I'd curl up into a ball and hibernate for the season. Just NO Everton. NO.

We need to make a decision on Dowell this window. The lad has 12 months left on his contract. He had an excellent first half of the season on loan at Forest last season until a change of manager brought a change in fortunes. He is a world cup winner at U20 and was a regular starter for the national U21s last season.

There's no doubt that he is a very talented lad and we have nobody else in our current squad that has his skillset. But there is also no doubt that he is not yet ready to be a regular starter for the first team which, at 20, is only fair to expect.

As far as I can see, we have 3 choices.

Firstly, we can sell him. A similar player at Norwich, James Maddison, went to Leicester for a reported £24m in the summer. Bear in mind that he has been behind Dowell in the England pecking order, but did finish the season stronger when Dowell tailed off. Given that Dowell has 12 months left on his contract we will get nowhere near that figure for him.

Secondly, we can send him on loan again. If we do that and his contract runs down he is a free agent at the end of the season, and all we'll get is a development fee of, possibly a mill at most.

The third choice is to include him in the first team squad, have him playing and training with top players and allowing Silva to coach him 1-1 to work on his weak area's. Getting playing time from the bench as Siggy's back up and starting the odd game against lesser opposition at home and in cup games. Whilst here, we can then work on a new contract extension.

There is a fourth choice, which is to extend his contract and send him back out on loan. But given his new agent is also Ross Barkley's, and Kieran is on record as saying he had no contact with the club for long periods whilst on loan last season, I think it's fair to say that it's highly unlikely this option is even in the table as far as the lad is concerned.

Given the options, the lad had has to be in the squad next season. Anything else is gross negligence by the club.
I believe we have a problem in midfield generally. It is difficult for the more creative midfielders as there isn't a solid base to work from. I think Silva will try to shore up the defensive side of our midfield and this will give players like Dowell and Sigurdsson a better base to try to create from.

BREAKING NEWS
Everton are weighing up a £3m bid for West Ham defender Reece Oxford, SSN understands.

Interesting.

Refused a contract and wanted more money but 3m is not gonna get him.

He was highly rated but from West Ham fans, he seems to big for his boots.

Tall, quick, strong but very raw.

Same if we buy them unproven from elsewhere. I kind of agree with Martinez on this, if other teams are interested in our players it is a good thing.

Yes but I´d rather not get as emotionally invested as I do when it´s one of our own.

Tbh after having not won anything on 24 years I just want ready made players who can win us football matches. I could care less if it impacts negatively on the likes of Dowell or Davies. I´d rather win a cup with a squad of foreigners than end up 10th with a bunch of homegrown lads.

Anyway, bit a of a illogical post but there we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back