Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, this is probably a grim truth.
But we, with whoever is the manager, must strive to improve and close the gap.
It won't happen overnight, but we must employ a plan to get us contending again over the course of our remaining time at Goodison... we cannot go to BMD as no hopers.

I meant for players, but I see no reason, honestly, why we cant compete with them in the league, sure, its unrealistic, but if we got the right manager in, the right players, why not? EVERTON ARENT WE?

Not really been following the side had a feeling as I typed it that he was already gone should have followed it

giphy.gif

I meant for players, but I see no reason, honestly, why we cant compete with them in the league, sure, its unrealistic, but if we got the right manager in, the right players, why not? EVERTON ARENT WE?
Don't get me wrong MG, I like you want it to happen asap... nothing I'd like more than to see silverware paraded at GP at least if not more than once before we move to BMD ;)

This is a fair point. The teams above us can buy players who are further along their development than we can attract. We either have to gamble earlier, buying younger players earlier, or take lads who are seen as caste offs but have been judged unfairly. There is and will continue to be enormous value in lads who are binned off from sides like Manchester United.

We have significant sums available to us, with TV money, some increased revenues and what Moshiri is willing to put in/underwrite to attract some very good players in the above categories I have outlined. The question is finding a DOF who can do this strategically, someone who can close deals etc. We also need to match it up to a coach who can get the best out of said players he's likely to be working with.

We've done very little of the above so far, and finished 7th/8th. Particularly this season almost everything has gone wrong for us, and it feels like almost everything has gone right for Liverpool. I remain quietly confident if we start getting decent appointments, particularly at CEO and DOF things will start to turn around, but we have to get Moshiri away from front line decision making as he's not great at it and goes about in an erratic manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back