Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worrying that there aren't any links to centre backs or strikers. These are big priorities for me especially centre back. A bit of Johnny Evans for a £3m snip and ship off Williams and jags and then we need to go big on a pacey strong centre back. Koulibaly and mangala are the exact type of centre back we need tbf so that is pleasing. We just need to find a version of them in the middle because one is way out of our range and the other is a donkey.

But I'd love to splash the big money on a striker too.

Icardi, lacazette, rashford, bas dost etc. Aim high and maybe one will take the chance in us.

I think a part of the erraticness is the age old "to many chiefs not enough indians", the amount of stories currently being printed declaring divisions at FF, a toxic attitude, there is defo trouble at mill.

I agree with that mate.

I think you have a position of dual (possibly more) power. Moshiri and his position, Kenwright and his and increasingly probably Allardyce/Walsh banding together. Each have their own sources and press to get information out, a distinct set of objectives that at times overlap and will struggle to co exist at moments of difficulty.

As a club we only move forward for me when Moshiri gets his own people in, and can be judged on his record. That should have already happened and the longer he ponders the more frustration fans will have.

Worrying that there aren't any links to centre backs or strikers. These are big priorities for me especially centre back. A bit of Johnny Evans for a £3m snip and ship off Williams and jags and then we need to go big on a pacey strong centre back. Koulibaly and mangala are the exact type of centre back we need tbf so that is pleasing. We just need to find a version of them in the middle because one is way out of our range and the other is a donkey.

But I'd love to splash the big money on a striker too.

Icardi, lacazette, rashford, bas dost etc. Aim high and maybe one will take the chance in us.
A partnership of Jonny Evans and mangala
Sweet jesus

I'll get stick no doubt but I'd have Rondon from West brom everyday of the week as a squad player.

His goal scoring record is actually really good throughout his career in decent leagues, very good with his back to goal, links up play very well, great touch, strong as an ox and pretty fast. The way he absolutely battered and bullied our back line in the last game was quite something albeit he was up against dross. A very good and potentially cheapish recruitment. A player I like a lot.
We do not need squad players
We have loads of them
We need players who are a lot better in their respective positions than what we already have.
We need 4/5 players who will walk straight into our first 11

All I know is that we have thrown about 300 million at players, to create a side that would probably scrape a draw against the one Walter Smith left behind.

Simply cannot waste anymore money on squad fillers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back