Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get 2 CB's that would mean we have 5 of them and Silva only wants a squad of 25.

Yeah true....i don't want either Jags or Keane playing this season, but also I wasn't impressed with Holgate last season......despite age catching up on him, can see some value to keeping Jags...

Its not ideal replacing 3 of your back 4 in one window (especially when Digne & Mina will be new to this league and country), but that's the problem we have now after the previous poor Windows...

This will be where fans will have to be patient this season, this really is a massive rebuild job that will take 2 to 3 seasons before we can be competitive....Martinez got off to a flyer 1st season, but the backline was in place from Moyes' time, Martinez really just added 3 players (Rom, McCarthy & Barry)......

With regard to the Lascelles talk btw. The main problem is that Ashley might buy cheap, but there is nothing to suggest he sells cheap.
£30 million for Sissoko, £25million for Wijnaldum and £22-27 million for Mitrovic are all on the high end of their value at the time of sale.

So late in the window, I think we’d have to pay a premium on top of that. For a player who isn’t exactly the next Rio Ferdinand.

With regard to the Lascelles talk btw. The main problem is that Ashley might buy cheap, but there is nothing to suggest he sells cheap.
£30 million for Sissoko, £25million for Wijnaldum and £22-27 million for Mitrovic are all on the high end of their value at the time of sale.

So late in the window, I think we’d have to pay a premium on top of that. For a player who isn’t exactly the next Rio Ferdinand.

Lascelles seems decent in an ultra defensive Newcastle set-up, my concern with him would be how he adapted to Silvas system.

He seems more mobile than what we have however it’s still a big risk. I would hope Silva & Brands would have put hours in reviewing him to ensure he’d be good fit for us.

Yeah true....i don't want either Jags or Keane playing this season, but also I wasn't impressed with Holgate last season......despite age catching up on him, can see some value to keeping Jags...

Its not ideal replacing 3 of your back 4 in one window (especially when Digne & Mina will be new to this league and country), but that's the problem we have now after the previous poor Windows...

This will be where fans will have to be patient this season, this really is a massive rebuild job that will take 2 to 3 seasons before we can be competitive....Martinez got off to a flyer 1st season, but the backline was in place from Moyes' time, Martinez really just added 3 players (Rom, McCarthy & Barry)......

Keane + 20m is what I would be throwing at the barcodes gets one off the books for us and upgrades while giving Newcastle a CB and 20m for upgrades themselves , would even go upto 30m plus Keane if needed as it’s late in the window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back