Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched a YouTube video of Lascelles.

The biggest quality other than his heading was the boy senses danger and takes command of problems. We seen time and time again last season plus more recently against Valencia just how clueless the defence was.

Lad could be a special signing, really want him to partner Mina now. Feel he has the special stuff within him.

Lascelles would cost about 60m, It's like us selling Pickford with 3 days to go, It's not happening.
Maybe in January when Newcastle have time to get people in, It' way too late now even if Newcastle are a selling club they would put themselves in relegation if they sold him right now.

Andy Hunter

Andy Hunter, Guardian - Hunter of Andy’s dancing naked in the mirror, with his tail wedged between his legs. Heads of all the Andy’s victims he’s hunted adorning the walls like Moose heads. Listening to ‘All Together Now’, full blast.

Whilst he sellotapes a Andy Hinchcliffe chin prosthetic to his face.

I hope he’s right on the money, with Lascelles & Mina. x

I remember Ross absolutly rinsing Lascelles a bit back.

Aye, 2015/16 season when they went down.

Trust me, the lad has come on leaps and bounds. He's an excellent player.

Then again, I was confident on Keane...

The difference is, Lascelles definitely has more speed and mobility to him. He's better in the air and better on the ball. He's also comfortable playing on the left side of defence.

Lascelles would cost about 60m, It's like us selling Pickford with 3 days to go, It's not happening.
Maybe in January when Newcastle have time to get people in, It' way too late now even if Newcastle are a selling club they would put themselves in relegation if they sold him right now.
Appreciate all the signs would suggest we don’t have a chance, however this is Mike Ashley. He’s a rogue, perhaps for that aspect alone I have a little bit of optimism - even if it’s 0.01%.

It’s more likely we would be only interested if Mina fell through.

Aye, 2015/16 season when they went down.

Trust me, the lad has come on leaps and bounds. He's an excellent player.

Then again, I was confident on Keane...

The difference is, Lascelles definitely has more speed and mobility to him. He's better in the air and better on the ball. He's also comfortable playing on the left side of defence.

He is a leader too which we sorely lack right now.

View attachment 48559

Various outlets suggest Ollie Watkins, Brentford could be on the move and he is loosely linked.

Echo run with any new additions will have a second pre-season.

Echo - Silva insists Everton must “really improve our squad” further this week with at least one defender at the top of his list with the Blues manager also looking to add to his midfield and forward line.

Sport.es report Mina to Everton is now almost complete, announcing a fee and players terms agreed.

Express regurgitate - If we can’t buy Rojo, then we want Lindelof or Smalling. It’s understood Wolves have shown interest in the players also.

The Guardians Andy Hunter writes that we are after Lascelles & Mina, plus Lookman is going nowhere.

Have a glorious day jazz hounds. x
fair play :)

So our defence becomes more
Appreciate all the signs would suggest we don’t have a chance, however this is Mike Ashley. He’s a rogue, perhaps for that aspect alone I have a little bit of optimism - even if it’s 0.01%.

It'd be a stupid thing for Newcastle to do. But
1. They've a history of doing stupid things. Not just Everton-stupid but world-class stupid.
2. I suspect that Ashley wants or needs the money.
3. If Liverpool can splash 75m on Van Dijk (autocorrect really went off on one there!) then 60m for Lascelles (Las Ellesmere in autocorrect ) sounds quite reasonable.

I mean with Ashley it's possible but I feel like it's very slim with the season closing in it would be suicidal to do it and the fans would go berserk.

I just can't see Newcastleselling sp late in the window. My bet is on us signing a cb that hasn't been mentioned from abroad as European clubs have longer to replace anyone they sell.

Unless we are getting an unwanted defender ( such as Rojo ) from the premier league i can't see it being a first choice starter like Lascelles

So our defence becomes more

It'd be a stupid thing for Newcastle to do. But
1. They've a history of doing stupid things. Not just Everton-stupid but world-class stupid.
2. I suspect that Ashley wants or needs the money.
3. If Liverpool can splash 75m on Van Dijk (autocorrect really went off on one there!) then 60m for Lascelles (Las Ellesmere in autocorrect ) sounds quite reasonable.
I’m sorry but £60m for Lascelles isn’t close to being reasonable. Is he even that good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back