Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Everton sources tell GET FRENCH FOOTBALL"

giphy.gif

It needed to be done with greater balance between outgoings and incomings in terms of time. Backload all ther incomings and that creates frustration and pressure for the manager needing to gel a team.

It's been rank amateur planning.

In an ideal world, yes. We would sell all the players we didn't think were good enough for us, for more money than they are worth, and concurrently bring in all the players we wanted for less, and everyone would have massive smiles while we were doing with it.

Your scenario assumes players don't need convincing to sign, won't dig their heels in not to leave, teams are clamoring for all our [Poor language removed] and top teams are bending over backwards to sell us the players we want.

The balance you are referring to is fantasy, and nowhere near the reality of having actual people and businesses to interact with, all looking out for themselves and trying to get the best deal for them.

I'll tell yous what, tomorrow is going to be absolutely mad on here.

I envisage, by this time tomorrow, there will have been absolutely nothing new on Bernard despite all the news outlets giving it the whole "within 24 hours" thing last night, then no doubt we'll hear some "Spurs make a late bid for Bernard" and will all be wondering what is going on.

The whole Mina will-he-won't-he will have progressed no further, and no backup deal will be in place.

I also imagine, in terms of outgoings, there will be nothing whatsoever regarding the likes of Besic, Bolasie, Martina, and we'll have to accept them all being in the squad this season stealing a living from us.

Please don't do an Everton on us, Everton, ffs. It's been a lovely last 24 hours, let's bring these so-called deals to a swift and satisfactory conclusion.

That said, I suppose it's still not too late for agreement, medical and signing to happen on Thursday, even if nothing solid occurs tomorrow.

Bernard
Mina
+ 1 more in

Bolasie
Besic
Martina out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back