Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mina, Bernard, Zouma, and a CM...

...it's all happening....

...yup.

its-all-happening-gif-12.gif
How much you drink tonight? Also that cm could be Zakaria and I'd be all game

Lozano wasn't in the PSV squad tonight. "Injured'.
If we complete the Bernard signing, he’s absolutely not needed. Maybe next year.
Sell Lookman, sign Lozano

Tosun up front...
Left Forward + Attacking midfielder + Right forward

Options;
Richarlison Left= Class
Lookman Left/Centre = Highly promising
Bernard Anywhere = New to league
Walcott Anywhere = Good but injury prone

So, if Sigurdsson is deeper then we have 4 players for 3 positions. Ideally we DO need one more to rotate + in case of injuries or suspensions.

Centre back is priority but if there was a chance of say Zouma on loan + Lozano signing id take it.

Tosun up front...
Left Forward + Attacking midfielder + Right forward

Options;
Richarlison Left= Class
Lookman Left/Centre = Highly promising
Bernard Anywhere = New to league
Walcott Anywhere = Good but injury prone

So, if Sigurdsson is deeper then we have 4 players for 3 positions. Ideally we DO need one more to rotate + in case of injuries or suspensions.

Centre back is priority but if there was a chance of say Zouma on loan + Lozano signing id take it.
We need more than just Zouma I'm afraid and we need another cm... I just can't see lozano fitting into the squad with everyone we got

We need more than just Zouma I'm afraid and we need another cm... I just can't see lozano fitting into the squad with everyone we got

Pickford / Stek / Virginia
Coleman / Kenny
Holgate / Keane
??? / Jagielka
Digne / Baines
Gana /Schneiderlin /Baningime
Sigurdsson/Dowell/Davies
Bernard/???
Richarlison/Lookman
Walcott/???
Tosun/Niasse/DCL

Id say we need
3CBs (Get rid of Keane)
1DM (Get rid of Schneiderlin)
1CM (Get rid of Sigurdsson)
1Attacking player (Rotate with Walcott/Bernard)
1 Centre forward

This window i think we can get away with
1 CB
1 Attacking player

Were not going to be top 4. Lets just get those 2 players in and then at least we have depth across the team.

Any more is a bonus!

Agreed. Bernard, Ricarlison, Lookman, Walcott are our wide midfielders, Siggy is the 10, with Dowell as a option somewhere worst case scenario. Lozano is surplus to a surplus.

We then move Bolasie. Sandro, Mirallas, Vlasic.

We get a Zakaria type, keep Davies as backup, Gana as the 6 and I would sell Morgan and keep Beni, but it might be the opposite. Regardless, Besic goes, we still have McCarthy recovering, might even loan out Beni.

Agreed. Bernard, Ricarlison, Lookman, Walcott are our wide midfielders, Siggy is the 10, with Dowell as a option somewhere worst case scenario. Lozano is surplus to a surplus.

We get a Zakaria type, keep Davies as backup, Gana as the 6 and I would sell Morgan and keep Beni, but it might be the opposite. Regardless, Besic goes, we still have McCarthy recovering, might even loan out Beni.
Sandro will not leave. Is the second option for right winger after Walcott in Marco Silva view...

I mean, you're missing out our club record signing from there, tbf Zat.

But yes, it's good to see a plan/structure seemingly been put into place.

He doesnt have the pace on the counter to be as effective as his price tag in the system i think we'll play.

I think you quoted me but in fact it was the quote i was disagreeing with lol

For me, Sigurdsson isnt the player to be in the 10 position. If we had more time, id have sold him + Schneiderlin + signed 1 CM e.g Zakaria.

In the centre its then;
Gana/Baningime
Zakaria/Davies

3 attackers behind the forward
Richarlison
Bernard
Walcott
Lookman

Thats not enough...

In an ideal world;

1 GK (Pickford/Virginia +1)
3 CBs (Holgate+3)
1 DM/CM (Baningime/Gana/Davies+1)
1 AM (Bernard/Richarlison/Walcott/Lookman+1)
1 CF (Tosun/DCL +1)

7 more players for the 'ideal' squad.

I would hope that Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin are sold, either one of them this window. If both went and Zakaria is signed then its a massive upgrade for that position.

He doesnt have the pace on the counter to be as effective as his price tag in the system i think we'll play.

For me, Sigurdsson isnt the player to be in the 10 position. If we had more time, id have sold him + Schneiderlin + signed 1 CM e.g Zakaria.

In the centre its then;
Gana/Baningime
Zakaria/Davies

Richarlison
Bernard
Walcott
Lookman

Thats not enough...

In an ideal world;

3 CBs (Holgate+3)
1 CF (Tosun/DCL +1)

I would hope that Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin are sold, either one of them this window. If both went and Zakaria is signed then its a massive upgrade for that position.
There is no way the team is selling gylfi

In:
Bernard - free
Mina/Rojo - £28m
Zouma - loan option to buy
RLC - loan option to buy

Out:
Bolasie - £15m
Besic - £5m
Pennington - loan
Browning - loan
Galloway - loan
Sandro - loan option to buy

I’d consider that a hell of a window considering the ins and outs we’ve already sorted.

You can only loan 1 player from a side.

Outgoings:-

Bolasie - Sell to Burnley/Palace/Boro for £15m. The interest is there.
Sandro - Loan him to a Spanish side before the end of August with an obligation to buy.
Martina - Not sure if anyone will take him either on loan or permanently. Swerve.
McCarthy - Sell as soon as he can pass a medical. So January the earliest.
Besic - Boro/Leeds on perm please. £5m will do.
Vlasic - Loan him to a PL side (Newcastle?) to get minutes then we decide his future next summer.
Dowell - Get him to sign a new contract and loan him to a Championship side to get minutes, like Robinson. If not, sell as he got a year left in his contract right?
Lookman - Can see him leave for Germany before the end of August. £20m+.
Joe Williams - Loan, any sort of.
Connolly - Loan, any sort of.
Pennington - To Leeds or Wigan. Prefer him to be sold instead of a loan. £1m?
Browning and Galloway - Sell sell sell, for peanuts buy 1 get 1 free come on Sunderland!

In the centre its then;
Gana/Baningime
Zakaria/Davies

Richarlison
Bernard
Walcott
Lookman

Thats not enough...

In an ideal world;

3 CBs (Holgate+3)
1 CF (Tosun/DCL +1)

They aren’t selling Sigurdsson. When he gets his 8-9 goals, 7-8 assists playing as a 10, hopefully most will change their tune about him. He doesn’t need pace to play the counter, he needs to make quick passes to those with pace, which he can absolutely do. You also think he’s some deeper lying midfielder, which he’s never been in his entire life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back