Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do most people want rid of Besic ? I know I say this every season but he's gonna come good . He's managed to stay injury free since Boro and he's a nasty little sod when it's called for . He's certainly more mobile than most of our midfield .

Why do most people want rid of Besic ? I know I say this every season but he's gonna come good . He's managed to stay injury free since Boro and he's a nasty little sod when it's called for . He's certainly more mobile than most of our midfield .
My own mistrust is based on passes he directs at opposition players when under little pressure, and rash challenges - But 90% of the time he looks very good.

I like Mo but I think he's a tackle away from a red card and in the prem you (we) don't win games with ten men on the park.

My own mistrust is based on passes he directs at opposition players when under little pressure, and rash challenges - But 90% of the time he looks very good.
Fair enough , good answer. I'm just hoping he does a Joe Parkinson . Got rid of his injuries and dominated our midfield for a short while .

His suicidal passing gifts the opponents 4 or 5 dangerous counters every game. He is so crazily rash in all facets.

I'm hoping he has matured a little since he a decent run here and that stint in the championship might of done him good. I just really would like it to work out for him . Obviously loves it here and he could do a decent job for a squad player .
I'm hoping that's the case .

I'm hoping he has matured a little since he a decent run here and that stint in the championship might of done him good. I just really would like it to work out for him . Obviously loves it here and he could do a decent job for a squad player .
I'm hoping that's the case .

Think it’s a bit telling we haven’t seen him for a while in pre-season.

The issue with Besic is that he has not been able to get the desired time to finely tune his game. His development has both been hindered by long term injuries and management changes.

If there is no real stability in the management then you cant expect him to improve since he needs a bit time with the coaches to identify his approach to get rid of some of the bad habits he has. If Silva has a great start and stays and Besic does not get sold, then I will not expect Besic to see any big improvements to his game until end of this season.

The reasoning for this is simple. Silva does not have the time to focus on individual players and finetuning their game. He first needs to adress the team as a whole and try to make them play his system. If you look at City then that is exactly what Pep did. His first year was to ease the players in to his way of playing and the second year you saw big improvements on the players since he was now more focused on finetuning the individual players.

The issue with Besic is that he has not been able to get the desired time to finely tune his game. His development has both been hindered by long term injuries and management changes.

If there is no real stability in the management then you cant expect him to improve since he needs a bit time with the coaches to identify his approach to get rid of some of the bad habits he has. If Silva has a great start and stays and Besic does not get sold, then I will not expect Besic to see any big improvements to his game until end of this season.

The reasoning for this is simple. Silva does not have the time to focus on individual players and finetuning their game. He first needs to adress the team as a whole and try to make them play his system. If you look at City then that is exactly what Pep did. His first year was to ease the players in to his way of playing and the second year you saw big improvements on the players since he was now more focused on finetuning the individual players.
So he gets a free ride for another year? I just don't get the Besic love in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back