Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we would all like us to sign 4 or 5 players by tomorrow but I would be reasonably happy if it turns out Bernard is the last signing. I know we need CBs massively and somebody to push Schneiderlin out. It’s the standard of signings we have made which is massive and if it happens that we have to wait another window or two to get the right people rather than rushing tomorrow and not getting the right people.

It would be pretty mental if we didn't sign at least 1 CB to be fair - pretty certain there are a few ready and waiting tomorrow if all others fall through.

See your point but not moving for at least one CB is negligence that will see us with serious problems.

There’s more than one lesson to learn from last season and not covering weak positions is one.
I agree totally and am hoping for 2 CB and a holding midfielder. If there is disappointment at the end we need to take the positives out of this window.

Well it’s not beyond the bounds of possibility
Everton have good relations with Barca from the Geri transfers
Brands has I’m sure good relations with Barca from his PSV days
We have already purchased Digne from them
Barca are actively trying to sell him and Mina
Silva would know him from his time in Portugal
We need a tall box to box midfielder
Even a loan deal with an option to buy would suit Barca and us.
I’m not saying it will happen but it’s not a major shock it’s being touted

Why did you answer in the form of a poem?

Seems unlikely Everton will buy anyone else to me.

Best window ever, even if we don't replace all positions, at least it is coherent and there seems to be a plan.

A plan for heavens sake, a plan. Chuff me not since, well Methusela was a boy.

I know we would all like us to sign 4 or 5 players by tomorrow but I would be reasonably happy if it turns out Bernard is the last signing. I know we need CBs massively and somebody to push Schneiderlin out. It’s the standard of signings we have made which is massive and if it happens that we have to wait another window or two to get the right people rather than rushing tomorrow and not getting the right people.
If we don't sign a cb we might not win a game til january...

Best window ever, even if we don't replace all positions, at least it is coherent and there seems to be a plan.

A plan for heavens sake, a plan. Chuff me not since, well Methusela was a boy.

Not really - the plan should have been to sign a couple of functional defenders at the bare minimum - we haven't done that

Why did you answer in the form of a poem?

Seems unlikely Everton will buy anyone else to me.
If that’s your idea of a poem your teachers have a lot to answer for
They were set out as individual reasons as to why Everton signing Gones would not be a total shock
Everton will sign at least one more player this window

Reactions: Tak
Not the easiest club to deal with, but Wanyama wasn’t getting regular games at spurs towards the end of the season. He’d be a quality addition to our midfield.

If we don't sign at least one quality centre back then we'll more than likely need to score a minimum of two, possibly three goals a game to win the damn thing.

And seeing as we have only one decent striker in Jenk, and one not bad backup in Niasse, and literally nobody else, I am not too confident of us scoring a shedload of goals any time soon.

If that’s your idea of a poem your teachers have a lot to answer for
They were set out as individual reasons as to why Everton signing Gones would not be a total shock
Everton will sign at least one more player this window

I’ll believe it when I see it...

I hope you’re right ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back