Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree sort of Tim. We're used to seeing Gana play in a 2 DM system with Schneids or ANother. In this system he tends to press in a disorganised fashion and could end up anywhere on the pitch as you say.

I may be wrong, but I think in the system @BlueToff is describing, Gana's job would not be to press at all, it is a much more disciplined role where positioning is all important. The pressing would be done by the players ahead of him, the front 3, the other 2 CMs and possibly one or other of the FBs. Gana's job is to sweep or cover the space in behind the CMs and also when either of the FBs go forward, an protect against the swift counter attack. He does have the pace and tackling ability to play this role but I'm not convinced he has the discipline or concentration required. But that's Silva's job I suppose to coach him properly.
Ideally yes he would play that role because he has the physical attributes needed. But I just don't think he has the football brain.

Spill it!

giphy.gif

It's now just the one CB being targeted according to the Echo - "But there remains hope this evening that a deal for Mina can be struck although Man United's Marcos Rojo and Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma are being lined up as alternatives should talks fall down."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back