Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham:

Appoint Pellegrini as manager

Sign the likes of Yarmolenko, Anderson, Diop & Wilshire

Everton:

Appoint Silva as manager

Sign bugger all and pull out of a move for our main target because of £5 million.

And some of our fans think this is acceptable :blush:
Exactly, its this arrogance by our fans that we will coast to 7th/8th regardless of transfer business that will come back to bite us on the backside guaranteed.

West Ham have a very good manager and have made 2-3 good signings

Leicester have strengthened their weak back line and wont be much worse than what they were last season.

Saints have an actual PL manager now (who whilst seems to go off the boil always has a decent 2-3 seasons first) and again wont be as bad as last year.

Wolves are potential dark horses and have a good style and system of how they play.

And thats just below us, the top 6 (who everyone wants us to try bridge the gap with) will only continue to push away from us if we dont strengthen adequately.

Rate Pellegrini highly myself mate. The only reason some dont like him is because he looks like a Sith Lord and is 65. Couldn't care how old a manager is I would have snapped your hand off at the chance of Wenger for example coming in.

This signing basically screams that Moshiri has battened down the hatches and accepted mid table is as good as it gets.

Whilst the likes of West Ham sign Yarmolenko, Anderson and chasing Brahimi

Wolves signing the likes of Moutinho

Palace taking a chance on a potential star if he sorts himself out in Meyer

Worrying times indeed as this plodder aint better than what we already have.

I would rather a former top player getting on (Moutinho) like Barry for us was than a steady eddie pointless signing.

I would also rather a marverick risk who might fail but also might show moments of brilliance (Mayer, Yarmolenko) than again steady eddie 6/10 crab performances that our midfield is currently full of.

West Ham closing in on Porto duo Marega and Brahimi according to a few places.

I hope they fall apart this year but their owners have shown big ambition in fairness in appointing title winning Pellegrini and spending the cash they have on decent signings.

Its the only way clubs like us can ever acheive anything though. We cant attract CL quality players so we have to sign players on big wages like City and Chelsea did before they had CL football to attract the best with.

Its alright signing a boatload of steady eddies but its just getting you 8-11th season after season.

The fight for 7th never mind 6th will be tough this year with West Ham, Wolves and Palace signing decent players, Southampton still have a half decent squad themselves.

I fear unless we bring in a quality CF, CM and CB come the windows closure we'll struggle to maintain 8th never mind push for 7th comfortably.

Lol

...linked with midfielder Claudio Marchisio this morning who is a fee agent after being released by Juventus.
Very interesting.
I wonder if this is as a result of Morgan's injury or were we looking for this type of player prior to the window closing?

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back