Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, really? You think we'd actually send out players whilst paying 100% of their wages and no loan fee? What would we actually gain from that? Would it not be better to keep them around if that were the case.

You said our net spend would be almost nill, what are you going to do? Go against the point above and make up loads of loan fees we've received to try and pretend our net spend was almost £0, or admit you were wrong and moshiri isn't a carpetbagger and does actually contribute a lot of money?
No, I'm asking for proof that Brands has done "a miraculous job" in moving 13 players without fees as yet out the door.

To claim that he's done a miraculous job you obviously know that financially this has been a success, so I'd like confirmation of this miracle.

You're the one making the claims, so let's have the proof.

No, I'm asking for proof that Brands has done "a miraculous job" in moving 13 players without fees as yet out the door.

To claim that he's done a miraculous job you obviously know that financially this has been a success, so I'd like confirmation of this miracle.

Don’t want to say too much, but the majority of the deals have been very good for us financially.

Ok Dave.

Garbutt 1m fee 80% wages
Tarashaj 500k fee 100%
Onyekuru 2m 100%
Williams 8m 100%
Robinson 1m 60%
Mirallas 4m 50%
Connolly 500k 40%
Vlasic 1.5m 60%
Martin 250k 65%
Besic 3m 30%
Bolasie 5m 50%
Sandro 2m 60%
Pennington Free 50%

I gave you the list, now its on to disprove any of my figures.
Source or its BS.

But as a fan, are you meant to be happy about this?

Even on loan there are loan fees involved and most of their wages covered by their clubs. It’s better for them to be sold, if not loaning them out make sense rather than staying put in the reserve. If they perform at the required level, their current loan clubs will buy them.
Thanks, but I'm looking for the detailed financial transactions here regarding loan payments to the club and how much of the wages of some players the club has had to pay to get them out the door.

If we can get that evidence in place we can seriously test whether Brands has had this miracle summer transfer window many are attributing to him.

Yep hold on, I'll have them on your desk by 4pm.

Of course I can't bloody prove it, the same way you can't prove that ever single player on loan was given away for free and we're paying 100% of their wages.... Which is 100% not what brands has done.

I know you can't be swayed from your opinion but step back a little and put yourself in his shoes. You look at the performances of Cuco Martina, Ashley Williams, Kevin mirallas and Nicola Vlasic (barely anyone would know who he is) last season and tell me how on earth you're going to try and get these guys wages off our books? It would be so so tough, especially when you're going to sound a little desperate given how bad they are and how high their wages are.

He had to do about 15 deals like that, as well get a host of new signings in whilst starting a new job in a small window whilst the footballing world was engrossed in the world cup. My expectations of him were high but we've done twice the business I thought we would be able to as well as it being five times the quality.

There's nobody left right now in our squad that we can moan about being a waste of wages imo. Mccarthy being maybe the only one, but understandably wasn't an option to move on nor is he that crap really.

I accepted we'd have about four or five like Martina just hanging around our squad being a waste of wages.

Yep hold on, I'll have them on your desk by 4pm.

Of course I can't bloody prove it, the same way you can't prove that ever single player on loan was given away for free and we're paying 100% of their wages.... Which is 100% not what brands has done.

I know you can't be swayed from your opinion but step back a little and put yourself in his shoes. You look at the performances of Cuco Martina, Ashley Williams, Kevin mirallas and Nicola Vlasic (barely anyone would know who he is) last season and tell me how on earth you're going to try and get these guys wages off our books? It would be so so tough, especially when you're going to sound a little desperate given how bad they are and how high their wages are.

He had to do about 15 deals like that, as well get a host of new signings in whilst starting a new job in a small window whilst the footballing world was engrossed in the world cup. My expectations of him were high but we've done twice the business I thought we would be able to as well as it being five times the quality.

There's nobody left right now in our squad that we can moan about being a waste of wages imo. Mccarthy being maybe the only one, but understandably wasn't an option to move on nor is he that crap really.

I accepted we'd have about four or five like Martina just hanging around our squad being a waste of wages.
Exactly. So no one has the foggiest whether Brands ahas made a series of great short term deals on 13 plkayers who have left the club without a fee so far, or whether he's just got them out the door by accepting terms that are way better for the receiving club than Everton.

Why is there an assumption here that Brands is had a storming summer? Even the players brought in so far are unable to be judged because we got them in so late and they're all fighting off injuries / getting match fit apart from Richarlison.

Exactly. So no one has the foggiest whether Brands ahas made a series of great short term deals on 13 plkayers who have left the club without a fee so far, or whether he's just got them out the door by accepting terms that are way better for the receiving club than Everton.

Why is there an assumption here that Brands is had a storming summer? Even the players brought in so far are unable to be judged because we got them in so late and they're all fighting off injuries / getting match fit apart from Richarlison.

We'll wait and see then, pointless arguing about it now, we'll reassess at the end of the season.

No, please do expand on that.

Source told me not to say too much sorry mate. They’re privy to some of the deals done this summer and have been very impressed with Brands negotiating.

The only one they questioned was how quickly Marcel agreed to Dowells (agents) demands. He’s on a sizeable contract now, but tbh I think he’s worth it. I imagine Marcel had a figure in mind for what he’s worth as back up to Gylfi this year / future potential.

The club's skint.

It's AUSTERITY EVERTON.

Stop trying to muddy the waters. The club had cash last summer because we sold off the family silver. That was burnt by Koeman. He's left us immovable tat that we'll struggle to get rid of, so we are where we are: doing no business.

Why are you attempting to prop up this carpet bagger?

You said yourself they were “immovable”. He has moved them, so by your own measure surely he should deserve some credit. Some might even say moving things that are “immovable” is miraculous...?

Ok Dave.

Garbutt 1m fee 80% wages
Tarashaj 500k fee 100%
Onyekuru 2m 100%
Williams 8m 100%
Robinson 1m 60%
Mirallas 4m 50%
Connolly 500k 40%
Vlasic 1.5m 60%
Martin 250k 65%
Besic 3m 30%
Bolasie 5m 50%
Sandro 2m 60%
Pennington Free 50%

I gave you the list, now its on to disprove any of my figures.

Am I reading this right ? You're claiming that Stoke paid Everton £8m to loan Ashley Williams for a season ?

I posted quite a lot that the team wasn’t as bad as was made out and we had a solid core to our first 11. I knew Silva could get a tune out if them and he has.

If we’d just signed Richarlson and loaned all the players out that we did, for free, I’d still think it was a successful window.

I’m sure if that was the case Dave would agree it was a very successful as that’s a considerable spend and he’s spent all summer telling us we’re skint and not got a pot to piss in.

He must be buzzing with how it’s turned out.

Last edited:
I posted quite a lot that the team wasn’t as bad as was made out and we had a solid core to our first 11. I knew Silva could get a tune out if them and he had.

If we’d just signed Richarlson and loaned all the players out that we did, for free, I’d still think it was a successful window.

I’m sure if that was the case Dave would agree it was a very successful as that’s a considerable spend and he’s spent all summer telling us we’re skint and not got a pot to piss in.

He must be buzzing with how it’s turned out.
Dave flip-flopped all summer between “we are spending too much money we don’t have and it will all come crashing down” and “we have no money to spend and will sell out best players ahead of years of austerity. We will have a negative net spend”.

Taking up two completely contradictory positions on the same issue is quite extraordinary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back