Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen enough of Barrios to say how good he is or isn’t.

You may think he’s good enough to play the number 6 role, but does silva & Brands, as in the summer when Silva was talking about the importance of the 6 role, he never mentioned gana, but did Schneiderlin.

He may have mentioned Schneiderlin, but look who is currently in the team (when fit).

We're almost playing without a traditional 'six' (i.e. someone who sits in front of the defence as an anchor point) because we don't have the players. The one we do have like that (Schneiderlin), hasn't performed well enough.

So we're playing Gana as a sweeper - and in that role he is one of the best in the league. There's literally no denying it. The stats back it up, and just watching a game backs it up.

Hopefully, Gomes can come in and be that player who can then take us up the pitch with the ball - either by a splitting pass into the front four, or a dribble past three or four players.

Barrios isn't either a Gomes type or a Gana type. He's a traditional six but unless we play a 4-3-3 or a 4-1-2-1-2 (diamond) then I just don't think those players work in the Premier League right now.

Schneiderlin has never looked great for us in a 4-2-3-1. The times he's looked good are when he's played as that sitter in the six role (think back to 2017 when he signed, we were playing pretty much 4-3-3, because Ross was playing right side of midfield) or a 3-1-4-1.

So, my point was people shouldn't go jumping over Barrios like he's some saviour because from what I've seen he's fairly limited. I could be totally wrong. IF we did want him I'm sure he would improve us but it wouldn't be that he'd come in and oust Gana because they play in totally different ways.

He may have mentioned Schneiderlin, but look who is currently in the team (when fit).

We're almost playing without a traditional 'six' (i.e. someone who sits in front of the defence as an anchor point) because we don't have the players. The one we do have like that (Schneiderlin), hasn't performed well enough.

So we're playing Gana as a sweeper - and in that role he is one of the best in the league. There's literally no denying it. The stats back it up, and just watching a game backs it up.

Hopefully, Gomes can come in and be that player who can then take us up the pitch with the ball - either by a splitting pass into the front four, or a dribble past three or four players.

Barrios isn't either a Gomes type or a Gana type. He's a traditional six but unless we play a 4-3-3 or a 4-1-2-1-2 (diamond) then I just don't think those players work in the Premier League right now.

Schneiderlin has never looked great for us in a 4-2-3-1. The times he's looked good are when he's played as that sitter in the six role (think back to 2017 when he signed, we were playing pretty much 4-3-3, because Ross was playing right side of midfield) or a 3-1-4-1.

So, my point was people shouldn't go jumping over Barrios like he's some saviour because from what I've seen he's fairly limited. I could be totally wrong. IF we did want him I'm sure he would improve us but it wouldn't be that he'd come in and oust Gana because they play in totally different ways.
So, from YOUR thoughts of what would be "best" for the team, who would be your ideal CM boss from outside the Premier League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back