Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which positions are the main 2 priorities in Jan if not right back and right forward?

Be shocked if we signed 2 players in Jan.

But I dont consider Right back a priority, nor Right Forward.

If you asked me what the squad is currently lacking I would have to say up top, but buying a Striker in Jan is far from ideal.

I would say the middle of the park also, but Gana is playing really well and Gomes showed enough signs to suggest he can make a difference, if he stays fit.

So for now, I would probably say wait and see what our needs are come December.

Be shocked if we signed 2 players in Jan.

But I dont consider Right back a priority, nor Right Forward.

If you asked me what the squad is currently lacking I would have to say up top, but buying a Striker in Jan is far from ideal.

I would say the middle of the park also, but Gana is playing really well and Gomes showed enough signs to suggest he can make a difference, if he stays fit.

So for now, I would probably say wait and see what our needs are come December.

If we signed the 2 loan players then the only piece missing in the centre is a deep playmaker really and thats very hard in Jan...so the next to solve would be the right i think.

Centre forward should be our priority.

In january? How many top forwards are sold in jan?

Besides, Richarlison is fine there with either DCL or Tosun off the bench this season

If we signed the 2 loan players then the only piece missing in the centre is a deep playmaker really and thats very hard in Jan...so the next to solve would be the right i think.

In january? How many top forwards are sold in jan?

Besides, Richarlison is fine there with either DCL or Tosun off the bench this season

Big nose isnt fine upfront, hes terrible.

Yes mate, Brazilian international centre forwards arent good enough...

If you think hes played well up top for us then football isnt really for you.

Hes not and never will be a Premier League striker, hes ok for a kick about with Brazil against 5th tier defenders, but not in this league.

“I’m not so sure on a player I’ve never seen”
Did you not get my point, tho? Scoring goals in holland isnt a stat we can lean too much on when ‘scouting’ players, Janssen was the top scorer the season he left for Spurs, and he’s scored 2 goals for them since joining.
I havent seen Lozano play(he might be ten times the player Janssen is), but people use goals in holland as a reason to bring him here, and I think its natural to be a little sceptical about that. Klaassen scored what, 20ish goals a season in Holland?
Janssen scored 34 goals his last season in Holland, a dusin more than Lozano got last season. Its also worth mentioning that Janssen was younger than Lozano is now when he was scoring all these goals, and he seemed highly rated by our supporters, just like Lozano is now.

If you think hes played well up top for us then football isnt really for you.

Hes not and never will be a Premier League striker, hes ok for a kick about with Brazil against 5th tier defenders, but not in this league.

Hahaha nice try.

Did you not get my point, tho? Scoring goals in holland isnt a stat we can lean too much on when ‘scouting’ players, Janssen was the top scorer the season he left for Spurs, and he’s scored 2 goals for them since joining.
I havent seen Lozano play(he might be ten times the player Janssen is), but people use goals in holland as a reason to bring him here, and I think its natural to be a little sceptical about that. Klaassen scored what, 20ish goals a season in Holland?
Janssen scored 34 goals his last season in Holland, a dusin more than Lozano got last season. Its also worth mentioning that Janssen was younger than Lozano is now when he was scoring all these goals, and he seemed highly rated by our supporters, just like Lozano is now.

Klaassen wasnt actually that good in Holland. Dont let the goals fool you.

Lozano is all round class...didnt you see him at the world cup, thats how he plays every week...

But maybe, just maybe, some on here have seen him play in the CL and WC against better opposition. Maybe.

I'm in the camp of waiting till next summer to improve the squad, unless a top level CF or RB become available at a reasonable price. With so much turnover in the last 18 months, it would be helpful to let this new group gel together.

I'd also rather save our cash to buy 40-50M immediate starter if we're going to upgrade those positions.

Last edited:
But maybe, just maybe, some on here have seen him play in the CL and WC against better opposition. Maybe.
Maybe, and maybe 99% of those screaming for him hasnt, theyre just caught up in the hype, like many of us were for Sandro, me included. Thats why im asking if he’s good enough, and making it clear that I dont know anything about him.

Maybe, and maybe 99% of those screaming for him hasnt, theyre just caught up in the hype, like many of us were for Sandro, me included. Thats why im asking if he’s good enough, and making it clear that I dont know anything about him.

The lads very good and 100% wont be coming here.

Which positions are the main 2 priorities in Jan if not right back and right forward?
Well considering Davies had started several games at center mid, I’d say that’s a priority. We need two more if Gomes isn’t signed on a perm. I’d also say an actual striker would be great. That’s just me though. We legit have four good wide players already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back