Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it true, Brands agreed to not sign any PSV players in the 1st yr of his Everton contract?

I have read it a few times, wasn't sure if it had any substance.
Seems a weird clause to insert, seeing as all Dutch clubs survive on being selling clubs to other leagues.

If we bought lozano, we'd still need a striker, surely?

If we bought Lozano, I'd imagine Richarlison would be pretty much classed as the striker, at least for the first few months after he was signed (say if we signed him in Jan).

I'd be made up if we go for him, but I just don't see it.

I would be happy with Richarlison, Tosun and DCL as strikers if we had wing options of Bernard/Walcott/Lozano/Lookman.

Bernard can play 10 too instead of Sigurdsson.

Options all over the pitch and amazing strength in depth. This is what we lack in regards of healthy league position balanced with challenging for trophies.
If we intend to be regular European entrants, then we need a really high quality squad.

Yeh absolutely I'd be behind that mate.

Just saying, if we did hypothetically go for Lozano, I can't see it being instead of the wingers we have now. Maybe, maybe, Lookman, but it looks like he's wanting to kick on now, which is great, because he has bags of talent.

If we bought Lozano, I'd imagine Richarlison would be pretty much classed as the striker, at least for the first few months after he was signed (say if we signed him in Jan).

I'd be made up if we go for him, but I just don't see it.

same, i mean i suppose if we sold sandro, vlasic, dowell and lookman then it'd sort of be vindicated because we'd have too many numbers, especially with onyekuru coming in next seaosn who i imagine will play more wing than striker to start with.

I would keep Lookman and sell Vlasic, Besic, Niasse, Sandro, Bolasie and loan Dowell. Still have to see how good Onyekuru is too.
We have quite a few options of various abilities!

Agree with those out the door mate however if we signed Lozano (and possibly another CF) there is no chance of us keeping the following all happy without European football to rotate:

Lozano
Walcott
Richarlison
Bernard
Siggurdsson
Lookman

Too much quality there to be happy getting splinters every week on the bench.

Again Zat, you're saying 'the 11'.

That's not the point. It's about having players who have varying skill sets who can all come in at different points when and if needed.

Walcott is a sprinter. His game is all about darting runs in behind and off the ball, either cutting inside like his chance the other day or drifting wide.

Lozano's skill is getting on the ball and driving with it, either getting into the area or getting to the byline. I'd say, in that regard, he's similar to Bernard and Lookman. Walcott is about getting in behind teams.

While Lozano is fast, he doesn't play like Walcott. So in my mind, hypothetically replacing Walcott with Lozano would leave us with three very similar wingers in Lookman, Lozano, Bernard.

Like a CB partnership, and you rightly point out in that regard, it's all about how players complement each other and what options they give to the squad.

Cant see the comparison with bernard lookman and Lozano myself...Bernard and Lozano to me, so far at least look very different.

As for walcott, i doubt hed be happy sitting on the bench or rotated.

Agree with those out the door mate however if we signed Lozano (and possibly another CF) there is no chance of us keeping the following all happy without European football to rotate:

Lozano
Walcott
Richarlison
Bernard
Siggurdsson
Lookman

Too much quality there to be happy getting splinters every week on the bench.

LEFT - Bernard
CENTRE - Sigurdsson
RIGHT - Lozano
FORWARD - Richarlison

Lookman rotating

In Janaury make a statement of intent and offer £50 million to Utd for Martial with £160-180k a week wage offer.

1. He wouldnt need to leave the area

2. We have 3 frenchmen in the squad (Zouma, Digne and Morgan to make him feel settled)

3. Would guarantee him 1st team football week after week.

Come on Everton show some ambition!

In Janaury make a statement of intent and offer £50 million to Utd for Martial with £160-180k a week wage offer.

1. He wouldnt need to leave the area

2. We have 3 frenchmen in the squad (Zouma, Digne and Morgan to make him feel settled)

3. Would guarantee him 1st team football week after week.

Come on Everton show some ambition!

Isn't he basically a Richarlison clone though? Can play wide left or in the middle if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back