Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Lozano will come here. From what I’ve read he has a really good relationship with Brands which could be a clincher. If he trusts him and brands tells him he can be a success in the premiership then I can see him coming. We’re playing good attacking football, will play well and the premiership is where a lot of players want to be. With him and Richarlison we’d have to very exciting, hardworking attacking players

is it true, Brands agreed to not sign any PSV players in the 1st yr of his Everton contract?

I have read it a few times, wasn't sure if it had any substance.

“Everton chief director of football Marcel Brands, who scouted Lozano in Mexico for PSV before they signed him for just £7m, believes the player is now ready for a bigger stage.

"I can see that he is already more relaxed with everything than last year because he now knows what it is like to play in the Netherlands and in Europe," he told Dutch media outlet AD.
"Last year there was more pressure on him. In the sense of [it was] his first year abroad, there was a World Cup. Now Lozano knows he will always score 20 in the league.
"When you look at his playing style, without wanting to compare, you know, Lozano has what Messi also has – a centre of gravity low to the ground, the ball is usually quickly under control, very explosive and agile. Then your opponents automatically force mistakes."

Brands is clearly a fan

“Everton chief director of football Marcel Brands, who scouted Lozano in Mexico for PSV before they signed him for just £7m, believes the player is now ready for a bigger stage.

"I can see that he is already more relaxed with everything than last year because he now knows what it is like to play in the Netherlands and in Europe," he told Dutch media outlet AD.
"Last year there was more pressure on him. In the sense of [it was] his first year abroad, there was a World Cup. Now Lozano knows he will always score 20 in the league.
"When you look at his playing style, without wanting to compare, you know, Lozano has what Messi also has – a centre of gravity low to the ground, the ball is usually quickly under control, very explosive and agile. Then your opponents automatically force mistakes."

Brands is clearly a fan

Yup.

Ultimately though I don't see a deal happening this season.

We have four wide players, all of which are extremely useful and have varying skill sets.

IF we did go for Lozano in January, which I don't think we will, and even if we managed to pull off a deal ahead of the likes of Juve, Valencia, Inter and I'm sure some Premier League clubs, who are all circling, then who does he replace in the squad (I stress, the squad, not the team), as I don't see us having five wingers?

He isn't a sprinter like Walcott, although he is fast, so I don't think it'd mean replacing him in the squad.

In terms of style, he's most akin to Lookman I'd say, with a bit of Bernard in there as well.

The only way I'd see it happening is if we completely stuck with Richarlison as a striker, and not bringing a striker in.

So our wing options would be Bernard/Walcott/Lozano/Lookman, with Richarlison as a striker.

It can never hurt to have good players, and Lozano is clearly that, but I just don't see it happening.

Yup.

We have four wide players, all of which are extremely useful and have varying skill sets.

IF we did go for Lozano in January, which I don't think we will, and even if we managed to pull off a deal ahead of the likes of Juve, Valencia, Inter and I'm sure some Premier League clubs, who are all circling, then who does he replace in the squad (I stress, the squad, not the team), as I don't see us having five wingers?

He isn't a sprinter like Walcott, although he is fast, so I don't think it'd mean replacing him in the squad.

In terms of style, he's most akin to Lookman I'd say, with a bit of Bernard in there as well.

The only way I'd see it happening is if we completely stuck with Richarlison as a striker, and not bringing a striker in.

So our wing options would be Bernard/Walcott/Lozano/Lookman, with Richarlison as a striker.

It can never hurt to have good players, and Lozano is clearly that, but I just don't see it happening.

Lets see if Walcotts even in the 11 by Jan...

Yup.

I would be happy with Richarlison, Tosun and DCL as strikers if we had wing options of Bernard/Walcott/Lozano/Lookman.

Bernard can play 10 too instead of Sigurdsson.

Options all over the pitch and amazing strength in depth. This is what we lack in regards of healthy league position balanced with challenging for trophies.
If we intend to be regular European entrants, then we need a really high quality squad.

Lets see if Walcotts even in the 11 by Jan...

Again Zat, you're saying 'the 11'.

That's not the point. It's about having players who have varying skill sets who can all come in at different points when and if needed.

Walcott is a sprinter. His game is all about darting runs in behind and off the ball, either cutting inside like his chance the other day or drifting wide.

Lozano's skill is getting on the ball and driving with it, either getting into the area or getting to the byline. I'd say, in that regard, he's similar to Bernard and Lookman. Walcott is about getting in behind teams.

While Lozano is fast, he doesn't play like Walcott. So in my mind, hypothetically replacing Walcott with Lozano would leave us with three very similar wingers in Lookman, Lozano, Bernard.

Like a CB partnership, and you rightly point out in that regard, it's all about how players complement each other and what options they give to the squad.

Again Zat, you're saying 'the 11'.

That's not the point. It's about having players who have varying skill sets who can all come in at different points when and if needed.

Walcott is a sprinter. His game is all about darting runs in behind and off the ball, either cutting inside like his chance the other day or drifting wide.

Lozano's skill is getting on the ball and driving with it, either getting into the area or getting to the byline. I'd say, in that regard, he's similar to Bernard and Lookman. Walcott is about getting in behind teams.

While Lozano is fast, he doesn't play like Walcott. So in my mind, hypothetically replacing Walcott with Lozano would leave us with three very similar wingers in Lookman, Lozano, Bernard.

Like a CB partnership, and you rightly point out in that regard, it's all about how players complement each other and what options they give to the squad.
But he’s old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back