Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t be so sure about Lozano mate winning a medal in a tin pot leagues against Ajax isn’t as satisfying as winning a sing song battle with Leicester , Bournemouth, wolves and Watford for a chance to feature in a magnificent 7th DVD

If we truely believe 7th is the very best we can hope for then what is the point?

The club had a brilliant transfer window and are trying to win every game now.

It won't happen overnight but we will get there. Fans have to change their mindset which isn't easy after years of failure.

Both diminutive players who like to run with the ball and drift infield.

Lozano is more a 'classic' winger, definitely, but he's not the Walcott type who runs in behind, either.
Lozano to me seems to be someone who is a wide striker rather than a classic winger. He doesn’t hog the touchkine and wants to come in and get goals.

Pep has worked wonders with Sterling, getting him to attack the box and it’s what makes Salah so dangerous. They attack the space between centre backs and full backs and this is what Lozano does.

Think hes very similar to Kanchelskis' style myself.

Still want Wesley myself as the target man option to DCL/Rich

Who would you say Wesley is similar to?

Lozano won't be coming in January.
PSV are not going to let that happen, unless its buyout clause stuff from one of the mega clubs, which even then would probably still see terms based on him staying till the end of the season.
There's a lot happening in Dutch football at the moment.
They're just starting to be competitive in Europe again.
In the last 7 years or so you would have seen players having left by now. (Kluivert is probably regretting his move to Roma right now)
PSV and Ajax are have a real ding dong battle for the title this season, the most exciting and competitive for a while.
Ajax isn't giving up their stars this season and you can be sure Van Brommel won't giving his up either.

There are some genuine stars rising in the Eredivisie again. The PSV and Ajax stars are loving the battle of who is going to come out on top.
Lozano won't be missing out on that.
Next season will be a different story.

Its all about money.

My lad met Brands at Arsenal, said he was very friendly, posed for a selfie and had a chat. When he asked will we be buying Lozano, he said yes. I'm not totally convinced that he would confide in a 14 year old but hey he could have been none committal.

So now we either sign lozano or Brands will have broken some hearts...

If we truely believe 7th is the very best we can hope for then what is the point?

The club had a brilliant transfer window and are trying to win every game now.

It won't happen overnight but we will get there. Fans have to change their mindset which isn't easy after years of failure.

Was just on the wind up mate sorry. Everytime I say we should go all out for martial or someone next level I get shot down too. :)

We need to a high with targets, we tried with mata etc bit brands is here now and hopefully a decent improvement in style and league position can convince someone big to join, I mean a real coup. Robinho set man city off on their way despite not being that amazing for them, we need something similar to get people believing we are serious

Robinho set man city off on their way despite not being that amazing for them, we need something similar to get people believing we are serious

No mate, we dont. We have a DOF who so far has more than proved his credentials in one window. A promising start with Silva, and a pretty ace, ish, side taking shape.

We build on that. If Brands reckons that can be done with a statement signing, sound. If he has a list of players lined up to off load/bring in that will do it, again, sound.

I know where my money is on,

No mate, we dont. We have a DOF who so far has more than proved his credentials in one window. A promising start with Silva, and a pretty ace, ish, side taking shape.

We build on that. If Brands reckons that can be done with a statement signing, sound. If he has a list of players lined up to off load/bring in that will do it, again, sound.

I know where my money is on,

Doesn’t have to be a 100m player, I mean Bernard was kind of a coup , we need to sign a player that other teams aren’t interested in .

Doesn’t have to be a 100m player, I mean Bernard was kind of a coup , we need to sign a player that other teams aren’t interested in .

Quite. Personally, think January will be relatively quiet, but then next Summer the overhaul will be taking quite an optimistic upwards turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back