Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know who we’ll bring in. One thing is certain for me though, following the quality of the personnel targeted and recruited last summer (even Jose acknowledges this:dance:) I have every confidence in brands bringing players to our club who will fit in and ultimately improve our team.

1 last post before I stop banging my head against the wall.
One of the things about Walcott's pace is to get to the speed to burn other players, he would need periods of lower intensity.
Wegner used him this way, because he had a team which was good a creating the type of space Walcott excelled in.
But there were consequences to this as well. The midfield was exposed too often.
His defensive tracking is not what was really needed.
Imo, Wegner persisting with this is one of the reasons they didn't win more.
And I don't think his speed is what it used to be when he was 23, 24.
So no, I don't think Everton should be accommodating this type of player.

He's our best right sided attacking midfielder and probably the only positive to come from last season.

It's nice to play football manager and slot other players into our formation but that's not real life. Look. Walcott is a great professional, has lots more to give, never complains. He's out of form, nothing more. It's the no mark wantaways that have never accomplished anything in their careers but demand the spotlight that need shifting.

A mate of mine goes home and away with Utd. And says martial is a much more talented than Rashford.

I think he is more of a centre forward than a wide player, but I think Richarlison is more of a wide player.

A front 3 of Richarlison-martial-Lozano would be incredible and all under 24.
Absolutely no chance we are getting anywhere near martial ffs.

Still want Wesley myself as the target man option to DCL/Rich
Y, definitely. He looks like a beast of a player. A handful for any CB. Potential cult hero.
Another Brazillian.
And would like to see Danjuma join as well. Together may settle in better.
Both 21. Both cross/shoot with both feet, both have pace.
Look really good on the counter.
Wes has surprisingly good balance footwork for his height.
Its only the Juliper Legue but not bad at all:
Wes - 14 Matches, 8 goals, 2 assists
Danjuma - 15 Matches, 5 goals, 4 assists.

Hopefully they'll get 3rd in the group over Monaco (tough group) and we'll see more of em in Europe

Y, definitely. He looks like a beast of a player. A handful for any CB. Potential cult hero.
Another Brazillian.
And would like to see Danjuma join as well. Together may settle in better.
Both 21. Both cross/shoot with both feet, both have pace.
Look really good on the counter.
Wes has surprisingly good balance footwork for his height.
Its only the Juliper Legue but not bad at all:
Wes - 14 Matches, 8 goals, 2 assists
Danjuma - 15 Matches, 5 goals, 4 assists.

Hopefully they'll get 3rd in the group over Monaco (tough group) and we'll see more of em in Europe

Groeneveld plays primarily on the left that’s all.

He's our best right sided attacking midfielder and probably the only positive to come from last season.

It's nice to play football manager and slot other players into our formation but that's not real life. Look. Walcott is a great professional, has lots more to give, never complains. He's out of form, nothing more. It's the no mark wantaways that have never accomplished anything in their careers but demand the spotlight that need shifting.
Totally agree with his professionalism, attitude and am sure he is a good bloke.
And he is the best RW we have at the moment.
No arguments there.
But of the definite opinion if we want to see the team playing better, including more space and opportunites from the left we need a different type of player.
Its not football manager stuff, its frustration at what is real and happening on the pitch.

Groeneveld plays primarily on the left that’s all.
Y, think Danjuma could be good back up to Rico, give him the motivation he needs.
The other wingers we have aren't in the same mould. So they would both have a reference point.
And between Rico, Wesly and Danjuma you have two positions covered.
Although I'd be looking for another, and different type of CF, to Wes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back