Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, no problem adding back to the mix with quality should we be able to get rid of a couple of bodies first (that Lozano does look some talent tbh) but my real point was that we have to sort out the spots in the team we are chronically short before treating ourselves to flashy new toys first.

Minimum we need to do...

CB / LB / CM / CF

I think we will make about 100mil back on player sales...Aaron Martin is apparently available for 10mil+ as Espanyol need to pay off a loan.

Aaron Martin + Frank Fabra would be 17mil lets say...then left back is sorted.

83mil left for CB / CM / CF would that be enough? Doubtful.

Kluivert and Lozano would be about 50mil additional...

I think if we flogged a lot of the donkeys and brought in 100mil then we'd need to add in 100mil extra to get these 6 positions filled with quality

That's the amount Brands is rumoured to have in spends...

Haven't the foggiest mate. He's in the Uruguay squad for the WC thats all I know. What do our Argentinuan based posters thunk of him?.

For left back I quite like the Spanish lad who plays for Benfica, but Portuguese clubs are buggers to deal with.

Wish England could do this and sign players from other countries.

LEWANDOWSKIIII

Therein lies the problem. You are talking about an awful lot of players on top money, who frankly have shown they are not up to the task. It must be like 15m-20m in wages that we could free up, let alone the hope that someone will actually pay us decent money to take them off our hands.

Its a huge amount of players...but that's ok as we don't have Europe.

I counted and its something like 15 players we could move on and not be too bothered.

6-8 incoming would easily replace them.

So, we could subsidise their wages at a decent amount and still be even.

Its a huge amount of players...but that's ok as we don't have Europe.

I counted and its something like 15 players we could move on and not be too bothered.

6-8 incoming would easily replace them.

So, we could subsidise their wages at a decent amount and still be even.

Think 6 players would be more than enough this year Zatman, aye.

10 out probably

Think 6 players would be more than enough this year Zatman, aye.

10 out probably

Whose your 10? Ideally for me...

Kids and frees
Galloway
Garbutt
Robles
Pennington
Browning
Tarashaj
Hewelt
Grant

That's 8 already.

Oldies
Rooney
Baines
Jagielka
Williams
Stekelenburg

13 now

Donkeys
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Mirallas
Bolasie

17 players out

Pickford/???

Coleman/Kenny -- Holgate/Keane -- ???/Mori -- ???/???

Gana/Baningime -- Sigurdsson/Davies

???/Dowell -- Lookman/Vlasic -- Walcott/???

???/Tosun/DCL
7 signings there...minimum

17 out and 7 in (ideally another CM).

I'd say Lookman and Holgate are the only 2 possible starters for us at u21.

Kenny, Dowell, Vlasic and Davies as squad players.

Anyone else hasn't made it into the squad really...

I think the way to get into the top 4 is to have 11 u21s in the squad who are good enough to start and put in at least average performances.

Aaron Martin, Chilwell, Sessegnon, Tierney for example would all fit into the Lookman/Holgate box...

I think we could easily bring in 2 more u21s like Kluivert and Lozano for example as theyre a level above what we have now...most important is quality.
I would include Baningime and DCL in that list too Zat. Connolly may also make it for his flexibility to cover different positions. That's 9. Onyekuru would make it 10 if we managed to get a work permit.

My point stands that we need to concentrate our spending on players that are able to fit straight into the first team in one of the positions identified. That may well be a young player, maybe Tierney or Kluivert.

We can still spend money on players for the U23s, such as Hirst and Campbell, but not the sort of money it would take to bring in this French lad from Schalke. It's a matter of priorities Zat.

Kids and frees
Galloway
Garbutt
Robles
Pennington
Browning
Tarashaj
Hewelt
Grant

That's 8 already.

Oldies
Rooney
Baines
Jagielka
Williams
Stekelenburg

13 now

Donkeys
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Mirallas
Bolasie

17 players out

Pickford/???

???/Tosun/DCL

We couldn’t sign a decent left back in the last two windows. With this in mind, getting rid of Baines would be madness.

That's disgraceful if he did do it but innocent till proven guilty to be fare.

McLean of WBA is the one who should be deported...cant stand him.

Plays for Republic...seems to be one heck of a confused and disturbed individual.

Said he would never play for Northern Ireland...and Republic was his only choice blah blah blah

Yet played in Northern Ireland youth teams....bloke has serious issues, not the least disrespecting the British flag.

Zat, no point in getting involved in something you know nothing about.

McLean is from Derry, more specifically, the Bogside, where in the 70's Bloody Sunday occurred when British troops shot and killed unarmed civilians in the area. You might not agree with his sentiments but the Brexit attitude of deporting those with different belief's is ridiculous.

Anyway. Football. Everton. Booo.

Kids and frees
Galloway
Garbutt
Robles
Pennington
Browning
Tarashaj
Hewelt
Grant

That's 8 already.

Oldies
Rooney
Baines
Jagielka
Williams
Stekelenburg

13 now

Donkeys
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Mirallas
Bolasie

17 players out

Pickford/???

???/Tosun/DCL

The list is not complete without Martina and Niasse

We couldn’t sign a decent left back in the last two windows. With this in mind, getting rid of Baines would be madness.
I'd keep Baines. He can still do a job if used sparingly. We do need a new LB who is premiership ready, but they will still need some settling in time if coming from another league. Connolly could be 3rd choice whilst also providing cover for RB and DM if need be.

I'd keep Baines. He can still do a job if used sparingly. We do need a new LB who is premiership ready, but they will still need some settling in time if coming from another league. Connolly could be 3rd choice whilst also providing cover for RB and DM if need be.
I feel that Baines still has a role to play for us even if it's playing consistently, as long as he has support in front of him - something he's lacked.

Ideally however, I do feel that it's a position that should be addressed sooner rather than later - a season at most - as he's beginning to wane.

Yet, bringing in cover for him would be short-sighted as we'd then need to bring in an additional player to eventually replace Leighton in the XI.

What I'm trying to say is that while I know he needs replacing, I do feel there's other areas of the squad that are in more pressing need of work.

I could stick out another season with Baines and then relegate to him a cover role, if he's happy with that, once the right player is brought in.

I'm presuming, given both Brands and Silva favour a 4-3-3 that the main priority will be that midfield 3.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did finally sign William Carvalho for the deepest of the 3 positions. Good passer and breaker up of play.

He could be paired with Gueye/Davies to do the all energy role and hopefully Dowell to play the forward passes. If Dowell wasn't up to it Pablo Fornals from Villareal would be my #1 choice.

Front 3 would be Walcott, Lookman and either Tosun, if going for the traditional set up, or perhaps someone like Guedes (PSG on loan at Valencia) if we go for the more modern interchanging types (my preference)

I'd also add Rhian Brewster and Jon Panzo on frees.

Team to start the season

Pickford
Coleman Keane Jags Baines
Carvalho
Fornals Gueye
Walcott Lookman Guedes

Back ups
Robles
Kenny Holgate Funes Mori Panzo/Gibson
Beni
Dowell Davies
Tosun Brewster

Sell everyone else.

Kids and frees
Galloway
Garbutt
Robles
Pennington
Browning
Tarashaj
Hewelt
Grant

That's 8 already.

Oldies
Rooney
Baines
Jagielka
Williams
Stekelenburg

13 now

Donkeys
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Mirallas
Bolasie

17 players out

Pickford/???

???/Tosun/DCL

Martina and Sandro to go as well. Saw someone say Niasse but he is a great impact sub for us, and should have another year while we transition and until we are actually going for top 4/6 and next year will be 7th and he can do a job for us with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.