Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't the foggiest mate. He's in the Uruguay squad for the WC thats all I know. What do our Argentinuan based posters thunk of him?.

For left back I quite like the Spanish lad who plays for Benfica, but Portuguese clubs are buggers to deal with.

Colombian isn’t he?

Obviously I’ve never seen him ever but thought I’d read on here that he was crap.

That's very hurtful :(

Clearly you're in that world as I don't play that game lol

I mentioned the same 3 also ages ago.

Guedes and Fornals would be super players in the premier league.

Hopefully Brands continues what he has done in the past and goes for u21 stars.

Or could muse about signing donkeys as per recent seasons?

Youre saying Lennon, Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson have been worthwhile transfers :eek:

Walcott also...crazy signing him for 20mil+ bearing in mind that close to the fee for Lozano/Kluivert/others...Walcott is like Rooney...started young...played too many games..loads of injuries...in 1-2 years he will be goosed.

Ndidi was obviously going to be a good player...no clue what youre point is there...hes someone who would be a good signing now.

Most likely will keep those 2 for a season...but neither are good enough.

Schneiderlin and Klaassen should be sold for anything close to 15mil each...punt them and hope brands replaces with 1 decent player.
;)

We should look offloading Williams ASAP. I would ideally bring in Mawson. A rotation of Keane, Mawson, Holgate & Funes Mori would be adequate enough Jags can be a back up if needed

We need a creative midfielder, centre back (Mawson), LB (Baines role will be reduced and a young exciting winger. If Sandro decides to leave a back up striker is a must. We don’t have Europe to contend with.

Look to rid
Martina
Garbutt (loan or sell)
Mirallas (one of my favourites back in day but way past it)
Bolaise (Lookman is a better alternative)
Williams
Tarashaj (Loan or sell)
Schneiderlin (Only if a good offer)
Besic (look at 6 month loan)

Colombian isn’t he?

Obviously I’ve never seen him ever but thought I’d read on here that he was crap.
Yeah. My bad. South American is South American to me though as regards unpredictable and inconsistent. There are some notable exceptions of course, but if he were one he'd have been picked up by a European club well before now.

We should look offloading Williams ASAP. I would ideally bring in Mawson. A rotation of Keane, Mawson, Holgate & Funes Mori would be adequate enough Jags can be a back up if needed

We need a creative midfielder, centre back (Mawson), LB (Baines role will be reduced and young exciting winger. If Sandro decides to leave a back up striker is a must. We don’t have Europe to contend with.

Look to rid
Martina
Garbutt (loan or sell)
Williams
Tarashaj (Loan or sell)

M'bro shall be purchasing Besic

That's very hurtful :(

Clearly you're in that world as I don't play that game lol

I mentioned the same 3 also ages ago.

Guedes and Fornals would be super players in the premier league.

Hopefully Brands continues what he has done in the past and goes for u21 stars.

Or could muse about signing donkeys as per recent seasons?

Youre saying Lennon, Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson have been worthwhile transfers :eek:

Walcott also...crazy signing him for 20mil+ bearing in mind that close to the fee for Lozano/Kluivert/others...Walcott is like Rooney...started young...played too many games..loads of injuries...in 1-2 years he will be goosed.

Ndidi was obviously going to be a good player...no clue what youre point is there...hes someone who would be a good signing now.

Most likely will keep those 2 for a season...but neither are good enough.

Schneiderlin and Klaassen should be sold for anything close to 15mil each...punt them and hope brands replaces with 1 decent player.
Ey Zat. You know I like you really.
I just can't keep up with all these obscure names!

Whose your 10? Ideally for me...

Kids and frees
Galloway
Garbutt
Robles
Pennington
Browning
Tarashaj
Hewelt
Grant

That's 8 already.

Oldies
Rooney
Baines
Jagielka
Williams
Stekelenburg

13 now

Donkeys
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Mirallas
Bolasie

17 players out

Pickford/???

Coleman/Kenny -- Holgate/Keane -- ???/Mori -- ???/???

Gana/Baningime -- Sigurdsson/Davies

???/Dowell -- Lookman/Vlasic -- Walcott/???

???/Tosun/DCL
7 signings there...minimum

17 out and 7 in (ideally another CM).

I wasn't counting the kids, mate.

My definite outs would be:
1. Robles
2. Stek
3. Mirallas
4. Williams
5. Funes Mori
6. Martina
7. Besic

The maybe's, for me, would be the ones I think we should only let go if we get players in in their positions/roles:
1. Schneiderlin
2. Sandro
3. Bolasie
4. Niasse (but i'd happily keep him)
5. Klaassen
6. Rooney

Jags and Baines should and will stay. They both shouldn't be starters though. Jags should be our 4th choice CB and Baines a rotation option.

We need a creative midfielder, centre back (Mawson), LB (Baines role will be reduced and a young exciting winger. If Sandro decides to leave a back up striker is a must. We don’t have Europe to contend with.

Look to rid
Martina
Garbutt (loan or sell)
Williams
Tarashaj (Loan or sell)

Mawson is crocked but more importantly we need a commanding centre-half imo.

I do like Mawson, but I think we need top quality in that position and he isn't that, yet.

Mawson is crocked but more importantly we need a commanding centre-half imo.

I do like Mawson, but I think we need top quality in that position and he isn't that, yet.

I said it last year and I will say it again, we need a big 6foot 4 monster, somebody who takes man and ball in equal measure, somebody that instead of counting how many goals he scores, we count how many players he takes out per game.

I said it last year and I will say it again, we need a big 6foot 4 monster, somebody who takes man and ball in equal measure, somebody that instead of counting how many goals he scores, we count how many players he takes out per game.
We need someone who's athletic and has a burst of pace to recover so we can play a higher line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back