Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’d never sell either of those two but even if they did we wouldn’t have a change of getting them.

Hmm, I'd like to think we'd at least throw our hat in the ring.

Offer enough money, guaranteed starts in the Prem etc and it's usually enough to turn heads.

I agree on Diawara, but Zielinski would probably still be possible.

We won't go for either, like.

I am confident we'll get:

- A centre-back
- A left-back
- A central midfielder

All of the above need bringing in regardless of departures.

I am hopeful we'll get:

- A striker
- A winger

Those two I think will depend on who we can ship out (i.e. if Bolasie leaves, we'll get a winger).

I'm not saying the need for a striker or winger is lower, but just looking at the balance of the squad at the moment then we'll have to trim areas to bring one in.

For many positions, I think it's a case of 2/3 out, 1 in.

We need better than what we have - almost everywhere. The only players who are good enough to start every week are Pickford, Coleman and Walcott. Gueye maybe. Davies and Holgate maybe one day. (Not commenting on youth)

But we can't go wholesale so need to focus on the biggest weaknesses: speed and the left hand side.

Need a starting Striker, LW and LB as priority. Too many players is a recipe for disaster. It's proved every time in every team. 3-4 first teamers are needed this summer. Then improve on the next batch next time.

We should go for Kluivert, the lad is a phenomenon, we can offer regular 1st team footy. All the bigger clubs being linked with him won’t offer him that. Coming here would be a natural progression and we would probably be the biggest club he’d get regular football for.

We should go for Kluivert, the lad is a phenomenon, we can offer regular 1st team footy. All the bigger clubs being linked with him won’t offer him that. Coming here would be a natural progression and we would probably be the biggest club he’d get regular football for.

Going to Roma, he will get game time with them.

Going to Roma, he will get game time with them.
The source of the Roma rumours (Calciomercato) is about as reliable as the Metro mate. And the price (they've offered E15m and Ajax holding out for E20m) doesn't stack up for one of the most sought after players around.

We could pay more for the player and would also pay more in wages, he'll speak perfect English as all Dutch people do so language wouldn't be a barrier, he'd petty much be guaranteed game time here, and we also have the links with his agent Raiola.

I'm not saying he's coming here, but at the moment until somebody with a better track record than that Italian outfit start reporting it, I'm not going to believe the Roma rumours either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back