Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilshere is a weird one. At Bournemouth he looked pretty awful. But has also been one of the few actually trying in Arsenal's recent slump. When he plays like that, I'd gladly have him here.

-----------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43406185?

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has reiterated he wants to keep England midfielder Jack Wilshere, who is yet to commit his future to the club.

Wilshere will be a free agent at the end of June, when the five-and-a-half-year deal he signed in 2012 expires.

Wenger says the club offered the 26-year-old a new deal earlier this year, but are unwilling to better the terms.

"On my side, nothing has changed. Jack will be free at the end of the season," said Wenger.

"We have made a proposal to him and I want him to stay and be linked with the club for the future. I hope he will do it."

It is understood Wilshere has been offered a contract worth less than his current deal, but heavily incentivised because of his injury record.

After spending last season on loan at Bournemouth he has made 30 appearances for Arsenal in 2017-18.

Speaking in December, Wilshere said he wanted to remain at the club he joined at the age of nine, and said a deal could be agreed within "a couple of weeks".

"I definitely want to be here," he said. "I want to help Arsenal get to where they should be."

Meanwhile, Wenger hopes Wilshere forces his way back into Gareth Southgate's England squad for this summer's World Cup in Russia.

"The vibes I get are positive," he said. "I believe he has a good chance to be in there.

"We have to leave that to Gareth Southgate. I have enough to do with my job."

Can someone make a master list of those available on a free this summer??

Sturridge is one that I know of; wouldn't be mad about swooping in on him.

For those with better knowledge of players than mine,
Are there any top balls versions of Joe Allen about?
What I like about Allen is that he's always busy, always positive.
Quality isn't there but he gets round the pitch and makes things happen from CM.
Maybe we should just get him then. Like that time when Modest Mouse were looking for a Johnny Marr type guitarist and eventually just recruited Johnny Marr instead.

Edit :Except that Johnny Marr ain't gash.

He's

He's on the wrong side of 30.

His agent will want him moving on for one last big contract.

Not many clubs will want a player nearly 31,and PL clubs can spend big on wages so why not come to Everton.

I never really rated him at Stoke,he just came across as a big tall limited DM and it seems every other club in the PL saw the same but i guess he was stifled under Tony Pulis.

That shows the class of Monchi,his talent is finding those under the radar players and he saw something in him that other clubs didn't.

I remember him doing the same with Kanoute who used to be at West Ham who looked underwhelming and inconsistent,he was a totally different player at Seville and a top striker in la liga.

The young side of 30 is the wrong side?

Maybe we should just get him then. Like that time when Modest Mouse were looking for a Johnny Marr type guitarist and eventually just recruited Johnny Marr instead.

Edit :Except that Johnny Marr ain't gash.

Talking of The Smiths, it has surprised me how Morrissey has become a ‘love him or hate him’ type figure. Although I always thought Johnny Marr might.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back