Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be even better alongside an Nzonzi, or someone similar
Carvalho? Both better technically than gana. Nzonzi was fantastic last night.
Nzonzi is not joining Everton mate. People need to stop mentioning him. He's far, far too good to consider such a massive step down, regardless of potential wages. Much bigger clubs would go for him.

#gonetomorrow said buy some big defenders and Jones is big but is he good enough? Not keen on Vardy though, for me too old.
I know it's paper talk and therefore not worth time reading right now but I'd be concerned if we went and signed even more premier league players on mass this summer.

If we signed the right ones then great but not make the team full of them still.

Guillermo Barros Schelotto is shaping up to be a very special manager. Born winner. Good English and plays a very premier league style at a huge club.

I think Heinze will be very good too.
Schelotto would be one heck of a maverick pick. I don't know who would take on the risk of his first appointment in Europe, though it might well be a good one.

Agree. Bernard is another. If you could pick up Wilshire and Bernard for nothing then that would be fantastic business.
Why do that mate when we can spend tens of millions on other players and watch them fail miserably?

Nzonzi is not joining Everton mate. People need to stop mentioning him. He's far, far too good to consider such a massive step down, regardless of potential wages. Much bigger clubs would go for him.
I’m not saying he’s joining, I wouldn’t dismiss it as totally out of the question. Money talks and we can pay a lot more than a lot of the other clubs who may be interested. And a lot more than he’s on now. Why do a lot of top players in their late 20’s end up in China

He's
He's on the wrong side of 30.

His agent will want him moving on for one last big contract.

Not many clubs will want a player nearly 31,and PL clubs can spend big on wages so why not come to Everton.

I never really rated him at Stoke,he just came across as a big tall limited DM and it seems every other club in the PL saw the same but i guess he was stifled under Tony Pulis.

That shows the class of Monchi,his talent is finding those under the radar players and he saw something in him that other clubs didn't.

I remember him doing the same with Kanoute who used to be at West Ham who looked underwhelming and inconsistent,he was a totally different player at Seville and a top striker in la liga.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back