Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilshire would be a quality signing if he could stay fit.
But herein lies the problem , if he'd stayed fit and was Arsenal's permanent first team attacking midfeilder he probably wouldnt be on the market.
Then again his loan spell at Bournemouth didnt have clubs clamouring for his services.

The absolute state of Phil Jones, another player that all United fans say is crap yet is apparently good enough for us. If we sign him we all know how it will turn out.

I don’t want to be one of these footy manager fanchild virgins but in world football surely there are better, younger and obtainable players who aren’t Manchester United rejects. Steve Walsh and our scouting team mus be destroyed.

Jack Wilshere is a good player... fundementally broke on every level though, from his love of the ale, and bifters to basically having legs made of frosting.

The current state of the recruitment strategy is scaring me, if the links we have been getting are true.

Vardy, good player yes, wrong side of 30 and we are only linked because Walsh has come to the end of his "older players who are from teams below us" list and now working through the old squad.

Jones... why?

@Eggs

Wiltshire on a free would be a great deal, remember bringing in two players who where regarded as finished due to being injury crocks, Reid and Gray, without them that team of the 80's wouldn't have won a thing ultimately as they where the gambles that pushed the team over the edge.

Wiltshire does something no other central player at the club does, he looks for the ball always, and can carry it forward and distribute it well

If you could add Wiltshire for no transfer fee then it makes a massive amount of sense to do so.

Go spend any money we have on transfer fees elsewhere - Manolas from Roma for 30-35m for example would massively improve us as would any of a dozen other attainable cb's around Europe.

Some VERY good players going to be moving on frees this summer - or ones with the contract entering the last year so clubs may look to offload them at a reduced fee, Arguably a good time to be able to offer a lot more money than most can do on wages, fees...
Agree. Bernard is another. If you could pick up Wilshire and Bernard for nothing then that would be fantastic business.

@Eggs

Wiltshire on a free would be a great deal, remember bringing in two players who where regarded as finished due to being injury crocks, Reid and Gray, without them that team of the 80's wouldn't have won a thing ultimately as they where the gambles that pushed the team over the edge.

Wiltshire does something no other central player at the club does, he looks for the ball always, and can carry it forward and distribute it well

If you could add Wiltshire for no transfer fee then it makes a massive amount of sense to do so.

Go spend any money we have on transfer fees elsewhere - Manolas from Roma for 30-35m for example would massively improve us as would any of a dozen other attainable cb's around Europe.

Some VERY good players going to be moving on frees this summer - or ones with the contract entering the last year so clubs may look to offload them at a reduced fee, Arguably a good time to be able to offer a lot more money than most can do on wages, fees...

This is his best quality IMO, loads of players can carry the ball forward well but very few will choose the right pass at the right time (always thought Barkley was guilty of this), not afraid of a tackle either. Perfect midfielder for us if we can convince him Everton is the right move.

I'd rather take a risk on the fitness of a quality player like Wilshere, rather than pay 25 million for a crap player that can't even make our bench when he is fully fit (Klassen).

Jones is a quality defender, and those that don't think he is really don't know what they are talking about, to be honest.

Wilshere - NO!
Vardy - Yes, should have tried to sign him last Summer.

I am the exact opposite opinion of this.

Wilshere is injury prone but quality when fit. Carries the ball beautifully and has a decent eye for a pass. Doesn't score enough though. At the age of 26, he ticks an awful lot of boxes, particularly on a Bosman. Just the worry about his fitness

Vardy - Good striker, no question, but we are probably talking in the realms of £50m or so to buy him and for a 31 year old who is heavily reliant on his pace, it makes no financial sense whatsoever

Wilshere - NO!
Vardy - Yes, should have tried to sign him last Summer.

I think the club will Be in for vardy again. He has 2 seasons left in him but is the only decent striker from the league that will come.
Another one would be having anoutivic from West ham playing just behind vardy.

After 90 seconds of intense internal deliberation, I've decided that I would sign Jack Wilshere on a free for 100k per week, despite my fitness concerns.

Agree, can make things happen and on a free, although a big signing on fee and a wedge the same as Theo, but would one of the first on the team sheet every week

Wilshere's got ability but he's basically living off a reputation forged when he was 18 - he's now 26. My boss is an Arsenal ST holder and he's not remotely bothered about the thought of losing him on a free, says it all for me.

Wilshere's got ability but he's basically living off a reputation forged when he was 18 - he's now 26. My boss is an Arsenal ST holder and he's not remotely bothered about the thought of losing him on a free, says it all for me.

He's been pretty good this season TBF, but that comes off the back of two years where he's done nothing either through injury or poor form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back