Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham are always linked to players that they'll either never get, or players that end up being even worse than what they already have.

With Wilshire now being available, it reminds us that we can buy only 3 starters, and yet still improve 5 positions. Buy a top LB, top CB, and top CM, then get another player on a free, and add a player on loan, probably a forward. 5 for the price of 3.

Pastore would have been an exciting signing 4-5 years ago. Now he’s probably past his prime. If he was still at his peak/improving I would expect Emery at Arsenal to be in for him as he knows him well.

Personally I think we need to get back to a hybrid of Moyes/Martinez model in both the market and playing style:

Moyes: buy guys mid 20s with their best years ahead of them, build from back
Martinez: buy guys late teens/early 20s with flair/pace/big upside
Both: add in one genuine leader with more experience (Neville/Barry)

The signings of the likes of Bolasie, Williams and Rooney do not fit into the template. Nor would Gylfi at £45m though he is someone we probably can build with. I am hopeful looking at Brands track record that he can consistently identify both talented, hungry young players & those with a bit more experience but who need a change of club to make their big breakthrough. If Silva can find an effective fusion of Moyes/Martinez style we could once again become better than the sum of our parts. IF.

Cautiously optimistic. Emphasis on caution.

Pastore would have been an exciting signing 4-5 years ago. Now he’s probably past his prime. If he was still at his peak/improving I would expect Emery at Arsenal to be in for him as he knows him well.

Personally I think we need to get back to a hybrid of Moyes/Martinez model in both the market and playing style:

The signings of the likes of Bolasie, Williams and Rooney do not fit into the template. Nor would Gylfi at £45m though he is someone we probably can build with. I am hopeful looking at Brands track record that he can consistently identify both talented, hungry young players & those with a bit more experience but who need a change of club to make their big breakthrough. If Silva can find an effective fusion of Moyes/Martinez style we could once again become better than the sum of our parts. IF.

Screw Pastore. Get Draxler.

Good post. Exactly what I feel. Its was obvious there wasnt a plan, let alone a structured template with them ^^^ signings, lets trust in the new Blue Axis to sort us right out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back