Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great name that is - Simon Stainrod.

Like a blag name from one of those " Confessions of a ................" films from the seventies lol
Seriously mate I could reel off 4 Blackburn players from late 70s/early 80s,couldnt tell you a single Roma player

How does this work mate ?
Is he buying out his contract ?
He's still got 2 yrs left on it.

A few players are resigning from the club due to fears for their safety after the madness of the past few weeks.

Essentially: Their president got angry with players, posted something about them, they all took offence and backed the manager, the president threatened to drop them all, a few other things happened and then the president organised to have the club's ultras attack the players during training.

So now they're all walking away.

A few players are resigning from the club due to fears for their safety after the madness of the past few weeks.

Essentially: Their president got angry with players, posted something about them, they all took offence and backed the manager, the president threatened to drop them all, a few other things happened and then the president organised to have the club's ultras attack the players during training.

haha! For some reason I can imagine that being posted in our West Ham thread one day. If we had one like.

Ye...seen all the skulldugary and cant blame any of them for wanting out.

Not sure how they stand legally tho ?

Could see this getting very messy and protracted unless theres a compromise.
Willy C still has 2 yrs on his contact.

Hernandez is average though mate. Pastore is a good skilfull player and I would have him and Lanzini over our current centrre midfield lot.

We'll see who we get I suppose but thats the sort of player we should be going for not championship/Eredisvise dross.

Played 37 games this season scored 5 and got 6 assist in a team that walked a crap league. With players like neymar and mbappe and carvani in front of him. Rooney did better in a harder league, while we were crap, with DCL and niasse and tosun in front of him. So forgive me if I'm not going to loose my head over him.

Hernandez is average, we know that now. Though I remember everyone saying how good business west ham had done getting him for 13 million.

Also I think people need to remember that we are bringing players in to suit a style. For the first time since moyes we are bringing in players to suit a style. So if were not in for players who are going to teams worse then us there's probably a reason for it.

Personally I think we need to get back to a hybrid of Moyes/Martinez model in both the market and playing style:
Agreed
Moyes: buy guys mid 20s with their best years ahead of them, build from back
Definitely
Martinez: buy guys late teens/early 20s with flair/pace/big upside
Exactly what I was hoping for
Both: add in one genuine leader with more experience (Neville/Barry)
Wait what? ...

Well, their captain submitted a 35 page resignation letter today and has seemingly been granted it so they have a legal standing.

I think it's something that the players would of had their lawyers check out before they do. I imagine it's all based on the players health and safety being in jeopardy at the club after the attack.

Although saying that I can see there still involving a fee for any players that leave but it will be reduced to what the club value the players at maybe.

Clubs seem to be starting to do business early, West Ham, Wolves and Leicester all making signings.

Think we need to make a statement signing early doors to convince others of our long term ambition if we are to attract the players we are all hoping for. Someone like Danny Rose coming from Spurs to us would make massive headlines any suddenly other players will look and think "these guys mean business".

Thats why I dont want us going for the Norwich lad, it just doesn't say that this club is going places. The first signing is always the most important and we messed up when Moshiri first came. Need to rectify it this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back