Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dunno about that. I'm sure Lookman would rip up the championship like he has especially if you look at the impact he made in Germany.

Sessegnon is a player though and will be at one of the top end clubs soon.

I just think he wouldnt really a priority for us for that amount of cash.

Thinking about it rationally...when certain potential superstars become available and if we have any chance of signing them we should do so...

The tricky thing is, should we spend big on the positions we need now OR go after Sessegnon.

I mean, if lets say we could sign Sessegnon but then our budget would only allow for the CB and LB to be average players would you do it? Or prefer to spread the cash around a bit?

...reports gaining momentum that RB Leipzig are about to launch a permanent move for Ademola Lookman but i’ve not seen any bid figures mentioned.

It’s going to be interesting.

That would be pure insanity.

Unless they have 40 odd million spare then that move is an absolute non starter.

What we know about leipzig is that they can pick an u21 player for 25% of his future sale price (minimum). So if they bid £40mil then hes going to be worth £160mil+ in a couple of seasons.

We should just bid for Upamecano instead...

...will be interesting what they offer, Tim. I wouldn’t be surprised if they go in with £15m.
They’ve just paid 16mil for some young defender. I wouldn’t sell Lookman, but if Brands thinks it’s a chance to get some money in to use elsewhere then so be it.

Hopefully we willbe asking huge money for him

Thinking about it rationally...when certain potential superstars become available and if we have any chance of signing them we should do so...

The tricky thing is, should we spend big on the positions we need now OR go after Sessegnon.

I mean, if lets say we could sign Sessegnon but then our budget would only allow for the CB and LB to be average players would you do it? Or prefer to spread the cash around a bit?

That would be pure insanity.

What we know about leipzig is that they can pick an u21 player for 25% of his future sale price (minimum). So if they bid £40mil then hes going to be worth £160mil+ in a couple of seasons.

We should just bid for Upamecano instead...

Lookman worth 160m in a couple of seasons?? Are you actually dizzy blad.

They’ve just paid 16mil for some young defender. I wouldn’t sell Lookman, but if Brands thinks it’s a chance to get some money in to use elsewhere then so be it.

Hopefully we willbe asking huge money for him

..also, I suppose lots depends on who is lined up to come in. If Lozano is truly on the agenda, then Brands might think Lookman is a disposable asset if the price is right. Like others, I much prefer to offload Bolasie but it might be case of everybody having a price given the size of the squad.

Also, if Lookman really as a t1t when he was here (not just to Sam but other senior members), then perhaps we don't want him back.

Just a thought.

...reports gaining momentum that RB Leipzig are about to launch a permanent move for Ademola Lookman but i’ve not seen any bid figures mentioned.

It’s going to be interesting.
Well if memory serves me correctly 2 years ago RB paid Forest over 15 million euros for Oliver Burke ( now at WBA).
Lookman is far more advanced in his development than Burke ( now) so I would expect an offer in excess of £20 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back