Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you’re still spending quite a bit of money on all these youngsters you’re talking about. Is FFP not applying to them

Not all good players cost £75m

Youre talking about 'good' players...im talking about top players to get us into the top 4 as stars in the league.

We cant afford them so we have.to.make them...

If we have unlimited funds, why would FFP matter?

Can you ask City if FFP is affecting their transfer business for me please Zat.I mean its affecting PSG, but thats cos they spent 385m buying 2 players last summer, thats gonna sting a little.

They are seeing huge sponsorship deals come in which tops them up...we cant do that as even if we do via USM then it has to be close to general market rates or we are hit with sanctions.

Isn't it about the means of where the money is being generated though as to how much you are allowed to spend within FFP?

Everton won't make anything in comparison to city/psg so our bracket would be lower?

If we had a stadium then of course we could have USM take the name or something for hundreds of millions.

Shaw, Goetze, Barkley, Wilshere - these are the sort of players who have shown enormous potential but have then shown that they won't reach it for whatever reason (medical, attitude) - I suppose they might be worth a small gamble to get a half-decent player in the squad, but I wouldn't be throwing money at them.

I guess it comes down to what sort of gambler you are, but players ripping up the Championship are a more interesting bet to me than those that have stalled in the Prem.

Part of the reason they binned him was cus he was tryna get people to come with him to Everton. Carrillo was the only one named

Didn’t know that. Interesting.

He didn’t have great stats it seems. And I can’t remembee ever seeing him play for Watford but must have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back