Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have unlimited funds, why would FFP matter?

Can you ask City if FFP is affecting their transfer business for me please Zat.I mean its affecting PSG, but thats cos they spent 385m buying 2 players last summer, thats gonna sting a little.
It’s not even affecting PSG to be fair

Diop is going West Ham and Torreira to Arsenal.

I'd never take it that any player is going to West Ham as nailed on. They've screwed up two already due to not wanting to pay the wages the players want. I have a few WH fans who are mates and they are sick of the dildo brothers low balling players and clubs with poor wage offers and bids

Not even slightly comparable

2 people on his list are crocked and dreadful

Confused. So you’re saying Hazard and Dembele are crocked? Strange definition of ‘crocked’ you have. And dreadful? Really? You really think 2 on that list are dreadful? Wow.

If we have unlimited funds, why would FFP matter?

Can you ask City if FFP is affecting their transfer business for me please Zat.I mean its affecting PSG, but thats cos they spent 385m buying 2 players last summer, thats gonna sting a little.
Isn't it about the means of where the money is being generated though as to how much you are allowed to spend within FFP?

Everton won't make anything in comparison to city/psg so our bracket would be lower?

I don’t think we have that much money, no sign of anyone coming in, not even a sniff.

Lots of players need to be shipped out or it is the old saying.

We will go with what we have got.
You may have noticed theres a world cup on? Theres no signs of anyone coming in anywhere. Over the 4 big leagues, and 80 teams, there have been only 9 significant transfers(over 20 million euros per player, which is what we want). Thats only 2 per league. The World Cup means the good players arent going to transfer until after it.

Isn't it about the means of where the money is being generated though as to how much you are allowed to spend within FFP?

Everton won't make anything in comparison to city/psg so our bracket would be lower?

Yes but in Citys case, where does their money come from?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jul/08/manchester-city-deal-etihad-airways

Manchester City bank record £400m sponsorship deal with Etihad Airways

Etihad are owned by the Abu Dhabi government and the airline's association with the City owner, Sheikh Mansour, a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family, will almost certainly prompt Uefa's Club Financial Control Panel, under the chairmanship of the former Belgian prime minister Jean-Luc Dehaene, to investigate.

So basically we could do the same thing, but with USM.

Yes but in Citys case, where does their money come from?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jul/08/manchester-city-deal-etihad-airways

Manchester City bank record £400m sponsorship deal with Etihad Airways

Etihad are owned by the Abu Dhabi government and the airline's association with the City owner, Sheikh Mansour, a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family, will almost certainly prompt Uefa's Club Financial Control Panel, under the chairmanship of the former Belgian prime minister Jean-Luc Dehaene, to investigate.

So basically we could do the same thing, but with USM.
I'd agree with that and assume we already were with the USM Finch farm deal, on a smaller scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back