Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plattenhardt may be the new left back and others at the world cup may have been targeted too...

But its weird theres no big outs yet

Hopefully Brands is waiting for them to all be in a room together X-factor style and tell 10 of them they're not good enough and [Poor language removed] home.

July 10th is the date. He’s not going to sign with DC until then.

The last we heard was h wanted 2 weeks to think about things.

Everything will become clearer in the next 2 weeks, Brands and Silva have both said they want things looking clearer by the start of preseason training, which is 2nd July I think.

I suspect once things start moving, they will move quickly.

Its about assessing at the moment.

Fools rush in, ask Steve Walsh.

It's difficult to flush the dirt away. Williams, Mirallas, Klaassen etc will all be on healthy contracts that not many will be willing to match - certainly none with any ambition anyway.

It could be a while before we see shut of them if they're happy to just pocket a wage.

Master of the Obvious.
If it's that obvious mate then why do so many bods on here seem to think it's that 'kin easy? You can see their minds working when they start writing out their lists and then bedwetting cos we haven't signed six players in a week.

The last we heard was h wanted 2 weeks to think about things.

Everything will become clearer in the next 2 weeks, Brands and Silva have both said they want things looking clearer by the start of preseason training, which is 2nd July I think.

I suspect once things start moving, they will move quickly.

Its about assessing at the moment.

Fools rush in, ask Steve Walsh.

Thats it. I think we are going to have to get our heads around being patient. We will not solve every issue we have in 1 transfer window, and trying to bed in more than 3 first team players in a season is extremely difficult to do successfully.

Last season we "won" the transfer window, particularly pre the season starting. Around this time we have all the pundits tipping us for top 4 and we all got carried away with it which is understandable. However it's a rather harmful echo chamber. I'm quite happy to leave that to West Ham or Leicester while focusing on going under the radar with our business.

It will be frustrating missing out on Diop/Madisson (if we are in for them) but part of bringing in Brands as a DOF is he will have a much wider list of targets that may not be known to the usual audience of British journalists and the supporters. When a target becomes quite well known then it's not atypical to move on to a new target. I'm happy to get on board with that. I'm happy to "lose" transfer windows and slowly build, than try to pander to the Richard Keys of this world and get all the credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back