Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched him play but you'd assume if we were keen we would have at least bid. I'm not too disappointed, i'd much rather we didn't spend 20+ million on a championship player in a position that isn't really a priority.

I haven't seen him play either, but my view is based on all the reasons you mention .

100% tackles won
91% pass-accuracy
8 touches inside opposition box
4 successful take-ons
3 chances created
2 shots
1 goal

@Barnfred 55
Mate.

That just shows why you don't pay too much attention to stats.

I watched the whole game and concentrated wholly on Lozano, except when Germany were in possession on their left when I focused on the left back.

From memory I saw Lozano attempt 3 tackles. Two were fouls in dangerous positions, one of which they hit the bar from. The third was a very dubious attempt right in the edge of the box that may or may not have been a penalty/free kick. Even the commentator expressed an opinion that he may have got away with one, and he was substituted about 2 minutes later.

His passing was ok. No better. But I don't see him as that type of player anyway. All his passes were short easy ones and the one pass that went astray was a pass deep inside his own half without looking that led to another German opportunity.

2 of the 3 chances he created I thought he took the wrong option. Both were breakaways. One he played in a poor ball that went behind Hernandez which meant he struggled to get a decent effort on goal, and he should have played in the guy in the right anyway. The second he was on a clear run into the box and could have crossed with his left, but came back on himself, probably trying to get a shot away but ended up getting crowded out. He passed it back outside the area to midfielder running into it who's effort was pretty tame. I don't recall he 3rd chance he created.

I don't recall the 4 successful take-ons, unless you include the step insides for the goal and another missed chance. I expected more of this from him having watched his youtube videos, but I accept Germany is a huge step up from the Dutch league.

I actually saw 3 attempts on goal, not 2. One was a fantastic block from Boateng, one was saved and the other obviously was a goal. All 3 on target which you have to say is impressive. Plus 8 touches inside the box in just over 60 mins is what you want to see from a wide striker.

Look Zat, I've had the night to sleep on this. The lad had a good game and scored a very good goal, keeping his head in a high pressure situation. His pace is frightening and I still can't believe how Germany afforded him so much space. He is a fantastic prospect.

But I still don't believe he was as good last night as the commentators and people on here are making out. That's all I'm saying. I don't know why people are trying to convince me he did when my own eyes say otherwise.

I don't believe he is too good for Everton like some on here are saying. His is still young and inexperienced and you can see that in his game. He has great pace and is clinical in front of goal but he will still find the premier a massive step up from the Dutch league. I really hope we go in for him s I think he'll fit right in with Marco's plans and, together with Walcott and Lookman, we'll have real pacey options up front.

Mate.

That just shows why you don't pay too much attention to stats.

I watched the whole game and concentrated wholly on Lozano, except when Germany were in possession on their left when I focused on the left back.

From memory I saw Lozano attempt 3 tackles. Two were fouls in dangerous positions, one of which they hit the bar from. The third was a very dubious attempt right in the edge of the box that may or may not have been a penalty/free kick. Even the commentator expressed an opinion that he may have got away with one, and he was substituted about 2 minutes later.

His passing was ok. No better. But I don't see him as that type of player anyway. All his passes were short easy ones and the one pass that went astray was a pass deep inside his own half without looking that led to another German opportunity.

2 of the 3 chances he created I thought he took the wrong option. Both were breakaways. One he played in a poor ball that went behind Hernandez which meant he struggled to get a decent effort on goal, and he should have played in the guy in the right anyway. The second he was on a clear run into the box and could have crossed with his left, but came back on himself, probably trying to get a shot away but ended up getting crowded out. He passed it back outside the area to midfielder running into it who's effort was pretty tame. I don't recall he 3rd chance he created.

I don't recall the 4 successful take-ons, unless you include the step insides for the goal and another missed chance. I expected more of this from him having watched his youtube videos, but I accept Germany is a huge step up from the Dutch league.

I actually saw 3 attempts on goal, not 2. One was a fantastic block from Boateng, one was saved and the other obviously was a goal. All 3 on target which you have to say is impressive. Plus 8 touches inside the box in just over 60 mins is what you want to see from a wide striker.

Look Zat, I've had the night to sleep on this. The lad had a good game and scored a very good goal, keeping his head in a high pressure situation. His pace is frightening and I still can't believe how Germany afforded him so much space. He is a fantastic prospect.

But I still don't believe he was as good last night as the commentators and people on here are making out. That's all I'm saying. I don't know why people are trying to convince me he did when my own eyes say otherwise.

I don't believe he is too good for Everton like some on here are saying. His is still young and inexperienced and you can see that in his game. He has great pace and is clinical in front of goal but he will still find the premier a massive step up from the Dutch league. I really hope we go in for him s I think he'll fit right in with Marco's plans and, together with Walcott and Lookman, we'll have real pacey options up front.
Really good review of his performance, I didnt get to see the majority of the game so this was a nice informative read. Thanks, mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back