Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think its unlikely we will sign a single player mentioned in this thread.

Dont recall us ever signing a player from 1 of these threads.
Well, I dont think the team signed a player based on 1 of these threads, per se, but Keane, Klaassen, Pickford and Sandro were in last years thread as rumors.

Still think its unlikely we will sign a single player mentioned in this thread.

Dont recall us ever signing a player from 1 of these threads.

Wasnt linket at the time but i was forever championing pickford...

Not sure who else people have mentioned before being linked then signing...

I don't know what it is but I just don't like Maguire, I think he is massively overrated. Morgan seems to be on the way down now and was poor against us at Goodison
Yeah, Maguire isn't good. Big, slow, and he's not young, he's 25. That team gave up goals like we did last year...if he couldn't beat out that crew, man.

Well, I dont think the team signed a player based on 1 of these threads, per se, but Keane, Klaassen, Pickford and Sandro were in last years thread as rumors.

..and Rooney, of course. There are lots of jarg links but it’s probably more unusual for a signing not to be preceded by rumour.

Rooney was linked for ages and of course before they all signed there were good solid rumours.

I meant more so people saying things like "I think we should sign XXXX from XXXXXX hes a baller".

Reactions: FTY
Feel like that most of these rumours over the last few weeks are players that were lined up by Walsh.

Thinking that Maddison adds to this theory.

Rooney was linked for ages and of course before they all signed there were good solid rumours.

I meant more so people saying things like "I think we should sign XXXX from XXXXXX hes a baller".

..I see what you mean. I don’t count those as rumours, they’re just aspirations or fans wish lists. A few years ago this thread was only supposed to include posts with actual links.

..I see what you mean. I don’t count those as rumours, they’re just aspirations or fans wish lists. A few years ago this thread was only supposed to include posts with actual links.

Yeah there was 2 separate threads, I dont think it worked really.

I mean its better if its all in the 1 thread, like I dont think we should have a Carvalho thread or that German LB, neither for me were good links at all, we will probably sign both now ive said that like.

Oh sure, though I wouldnt have put it past Walsh to do some of his scouting on here....not sure he did too much otherwise.

Yeah, Maguire isn't good. Big, slow, and he's not young, he's 25. That team gave up goals like we did last year...if he couldn't beat out that crew, man.

Yes Walker was in fault for the penalty but it was Maguire who gave away the ball first. He just isn’t good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back