Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Echo are saying all the links apart from Lozano (Carvalho, De Ligt, Martins, Plattenhardt, Maddison) are all basically BS.

Expect them all to sign shortly then

Erm mate, ive just read the story.

It says we only have interest in Big Willy C and Lozano. It says the rest of the links are horse crap.

I realise you said this with the brackets.

Iran and Costa Rica struggled against them? Wow.

England did ok but lost their way quite badly and defensively I think we are an accident waiting to happen.
Both competing in this world cup and not embarrassing themselves so far. All I'm saying is that Tunisia is not as some on here are making out. The poster I responded to said they are the worst team he has ever seen, or remember seeing. Clearly they are not. I've seen at least 4 teams worse than them at this world cup already and the weakest group haven't even played yet.

England may well embarrass themselves defensively when they come up against a decent team. We'll find out against Belgium.
Portugal and Iran both beat Algeria comfortably (as did Saudi Arabia AND Cape Verde Islands FFS)
When did they play Spain and Costa Rica?
Haven't got a clue mate. I'm talking about Tunisia who England beat last night.

Reactions: kev
Pickford
Coleman - De Ligt - ??? - Plattenhardt
Willy C
- Siggy - Gueye
Gelson Martins - Tosun - Lozano
I'd like some of that.
Can't see us going after Lozano AND Martins mate. I'd be happy with one of them though. Both very quick but Lozano has more upside I believe.

Brilliant that line up
Let’s put 5 possibly 6 new players into the first 11, not one of whom have aminutes PL experience.
What could possibly go wrong , it worked great last year
Well we need to bring in at least 4 new faces who need to be starters, 2 of which need to be pacey left sided defenders. There is no value buying from the premier so I don't see what option we have but to look abroad.

Provided we target players with a particular skill set that we've identified we need for Marco's preferred system, I don't see there being a repeat of last years nightmare. The problem then was that we had no plan and just bought a group of players. With the exception of Pickford, the players we got from the premier haven't done that much better than the others in fairness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back