Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we really do have to sell to buy, which is no looking likely, Moshiri might as well leave. What's the point in going back to that failed system?

No transfer movement, no sales and no news on the stadium front.

All this talk needs to turn into action...fast.
Big season ahead for his new austerity model. If it struggles to settle the club down to a good balance between good football and acceptable position....and if the stadium scheme fails to make a leap forward....he's under massive pressure.

The feller's a carpet bagger as far as I'm concerned, and will be proven to be so.

How do you know it`s good business, when a ball hasn`t even been kicked yet !!!!!!!!!!!

We did " good business " early on last season and we all started creaming our kecks, look how that worked out :hayee:
Mate bedwetters terrified of the mighty Leicester and West Ham everywhere. How dare we not have spent £20m+ on children from crap leagues!

Big season ahead for his new austerity model. If it struggles to settle the club down to a good balance between good football and acceptable position....and if the stadium scheme fails to make a leap forward....he's under massive pressure.

The feller's a carpet bagger as far as I'm concerned, and will be proven to be so.

While you may be right I am still hoping that the last two years was him being naive and wanting continuity, hopefully the clear out at board level will improve things. My only worry is that the biggest problem on the board is still there, hopefully he has no say in anything anymore.

If we really do have to sell to buy, which is no looking likely, Moshiri might as well leave. What's the point in going back to that failed system?

No transfer movement, no sales and no news on the stadium front.

All this talk needs to turn into action...fast.

It wouldn’t be a GOT forum without people losing their heads ;);)

Mate bedwetters terrified of the mighty Leicester and West Ham everywhere. How dare we not have spent £20m+ on children from crap leagues!
It's about quality, and quality players cost money.
There's a massive lack of quality in the side surely you can see that, on top of that a massive wage bill due to so many players, and players bought in for massive fees that are hard to shift without making a heavy loss. Also the likes of jags, baines, Williams and mirallas look like they will retire/leave on a free when there contract ends.

Are we doing any business or what like. That is outgoings as well as incomings. Little bit worrying when the transfer window is now shutting before the season starts now. Other teams have started to do a little bit of business already.

Above all else Brands and Silva need a lot of slack. Obviously its better if they are just being thorough whilst assessing options but the lack of movement out is a concern.

I'm only expecting three or four signings and expect we'll get them. Getting the right signings comes first over when we make signings or what they cost.

Let's not forget the quite daunting challenge they face - this rebuild and the complexities involved would challenge people of the highest calibre.

There are no easy solutions, they are only three weeks into an overhaul that may take three years. I don't want them rushing in like a bull in a china shop. We have had all year to regret last summers shambles.

Sell to buy morons back out.

Whether it's to build up a transfer budget or not WE HAVE TO HAVE A SMALLER SQUAD.

..i’m sure there’s a reasonable transfer spend envelope, there must have been to attract these guys. I also think that envelope can be boosted by any incoming money. There doesn’t seem an awful lot of activity anywhere and Brands (hopefully) has a buying strategy in place that avoids the waste of the previous regime.

Yes, Koeman wanted to play a pressing game, the players we have just cant do it.

Or maybe they just werent willing.

I never once witnessed a high press , high tempo game under koeman.

his approach seemed to be, a slow , pass from the back, sort of approach. that clearly didn't work with the players he inherited AND bought in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back