Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
..i’m sure there’s a reasonable transfer spend envelope, there must have been to attract these guys. I also think that envelope can be boosted by any incoming money. There doesn’t seem an awful lot of activity anywhere and Brands (hopefully) has a buying strategy in place that avoids the waste of the previous regime.

"I have money to spend but it isn't available until the wheat is sorted from the chaff" - Moshiri, probably.

Last season the whole world knew what we were doing in the transfer market.

This year no one knows what we are doing in the transfer market . ( including us ).

It seems like at least one lesson from the Koeman / Walsh debacle has been learned.

When stuff starts to happen, it`ll happen quickly.

Vault me.

Last season the whole world knew what we were doing in the transfer market.

This year no one knows what we are doing in the transfer market . ( including us ).

It seems like at least one lesson from the Koeman / Walsh debacle has been learned.

When stuff starts to happen, it`ll happen quickly.

Vault me.

INDEX @orly

Did I do it right?

Want to know my thoughts?

I am completely comfortable and confident re: this season. In my opinion Brands/Silva will be tasked with getting us anywhere in the Top 8-9 places this season and that is it. We got 8th place last season under 3 turgid managers with players out injured and never once playing decent football. We have the same squad now but with players back from loans, Coleman from the start, Sigurdsson with a pre-season and Walcott/Tosun added. There is absolutely no reason - despite others around us seemingly strengthening - we can't do that again fairly comfortably.

If the remit this year is to identify a style of play, sell lots of our crap and develop some youngsters I am more than happy to go into the season with only a couple of minor signings as long as we're still top half.

Not too bothered about signings atm, but would like to see the "dead wood" punted as far away as possible as a start...too much to ask ?

Sell to buy morons back out.

Whether it's to build up a transfer budget or not WE HAVE TO HAVE A SMALLER SQUAD.

Pure gamesmanship being played....it is not a secret that we have a MASSIVE squad that needs trimming.. well documented

If we go out and announce signings it will further deflate the value of any outgoing players as buyers know we have to sell and FFP impact

I am convinced that Silva has been evaluating the squad since December, Brands has had an input before his official appointment...

People need to set back and stop insisting on signings... they will be in the pipeline, I really beleive we have a couple of deals in place with non disclosures until after we ship the s@@t out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back