Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people saying we need a pacey CB?

My memory isnt great but I dont recall many people running away from our CBs like.

Everybody's utterly obsessed with pace these days.

Most teams are counter attacking these days, I don't like us with slugs in defence like Keane, Williams and jagielka vs counter attack.

...I guarantee every striker in the league is happy at the thought of playing against him. If you face him up, he’s easy to go past and once you’re past him he has no power of recovery. If he’s marking you with your back to goal he’s easy to spin and get a yard. If you run him down the channels he struggles to keep up with you.

He’s ok in the air, though!!!

Agree with that entirely, with the exception of the last bit....his timing in the air is as bad as anyone I’ve seen...he’s Kroldrup-esque in that dept

Nothing like Gernany going home to put some fine players back in the market. Who do we want. Who might we get?

Reus, Kroos, Hummels, Boateng, Kimmich, Hector, Plattenhardt, Sule, Rudiger, Draxler and Werner. Probably. They're all crap now since they had one bad tourney

Why are people saying we need a pacey CB?

My memory isnt great but I dont recall many people running away from our CBs like.

Everybody's utterly obsessed with pace these days.
Hard to run away from somebody parked in their own 18 yard box Goat, in fairness. If we're to play a high press game the defenders need to play a higher line otherwise we get a repeat of the first 20 minutes against City. Keane, Williams and possibly Jags will all struggle with this.

I'd be a rich man if I got a fiver for every time that header against Man City was mentioned on this forum. FFS the lad came on leaps and bounds last season, was probably our MOM in the aforementioned City game when he kept Sane well harnessed, showed he can indeed play as CB in a back 4 during that run of clean sheets in December, and was then basically thrown under a bus following the Firmino incident and we hardly saw him for the rest of the campaign.

But that header against City lads. Like none of our other defenders made a bad clearance all last season.

Sorry Eggs. I'm not having a go at you personally; yours just happens to be the post I responded to.

100% nail on head Barnfred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back