Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does like a lot of aspects of the country, and he does like a lot of the English people he's met. He feels uncomfortable with wearing a poppy, the reasons for which he has explained clearly, articulately, and respectfully.

yeah, the money.

He had the maverick side coached out of him by Koeman but never improved the other sides of his game to compensate. As much as I hate to admit it he ended up neither one thing or another.

I'm not going to judge his Chelsea career yet as that would be unfair due to his injuries. But I will be surprised if he is still there for the start of the 2019/20 season. We'll see.

The young French lad that began this discussion reminds me of the young Ross. He'll be entertaing to watch but not what we need right now, and may not develop the other sides of his game in the same way that Ross clearly hasnt. If you disagree thats fine.

These are the type of players we need to take a chance on, cant wait to see if he will be top drawer, too late then.

Isn't he from Northern Ireland? - part of UK. But you're calling him a foreigner. Can't have it every way mate.

Plays for Republic...seems to be one heck of a confused and disturbed individual.

Said he would never play for Northern Ireland...and Republic was his only choice blah blah blah

Yet played in Northern Ireland youth teams....bloke has serious issues, not the least disrespecting the British flag.

Whilst I somewhat agree, we are bereft of any attacking threat and Walcott will probably get injured knowing our luck.

So we need something more as a pressing matter too

Nah, we have Lookman, Walcott as pencilled in first eleven players (we simply have to give Lookman a chance given what he did over in Germany & his obvious talent he's shown in his brief opportunities for us, not to mention for the England U20's....). Vlasic can play both sides and needs game time & opportunity to play, Dowell needs a proper look at, Sigurdsson (tho I want him at in central, front 3 of Lookman, Tosun & Lookman with Siggy in behind my ideal attacking front 4) can function either side in an attacking role. We still have Bolasie (who I'd like sold but is going to be hard to shift as in on big money, has lost his pace & coming off a big injury), DCL & Niasse both played there last year (I'd like them both to be used as centre forwards in truth), we have Sandro (needs a proper look at and is on mega money), Rooney (if he stays) could /should be played as a central attacking midfield role. We are in no way short of options.....

Nah, we have Lookman, Walcott as pencilled in first eleven players (we simply have to give Lookman a chance given what he did over in Germany & his obvious talent he's shown in his brief opportunities for us, not to mention for the England U20's....). Vlasic can play both sides and needs game time & opportunity to play, Dowell needs a proper look at, Sigurdsson (tho I want him at in central, front 3 of Lookman, Tosun & Lookman with Siggy in behind my ideal attacking front 4) can function either side in an attacking role. We still have Bolasie (who I'd like sold but is going to be hard to shift as in on big money, has lost his pace & coming off a big injury), DCL & Niasse both played there last year (I'd like them both to be used as centre forwards in truth), we have Sandro (needs a proper look at and is on mega money), Rooney (if he stays) could /should be played as a central attacking midfield role. We are in no way short of options.....

Oh yeah forgot Mirallas is back and plays that wide forward position & we might be getting a work permit thru for Onyekuru so he might be added to the squad too!!

These are the type of players we need to take a chance on, cant wait to see if he will be top drawer, too late then.
I'd normally agree with you mate, but we already have about 10 players of that age group in and around the first team squad and I think that's enough for now. As I said, we have 4/5 positions in our team that need filling with quality players ready to be premier starters now. They won't come cheap, although we may be able to pick up the odd player out of contract. We only have so much to spend, and even that will be determined by how much we get in from transfers out.

The time to get this lad was probably last year when we could have picked him up for a few mill. Now he's had a season in a top league behind him he won't come cheap. We just have other more important targets in my opinion.

Dowell and Vlasic will go out on loan, that leaves five which is a squad, so we might need to add one more

Weird comment?

I missed the article/confirmation that Vlasic and Dowell are going out on loan.

Have to say, while Lozano & Kluivert might be exciting potential signings, would much rather we invested heavily in sorting our more glaring needs first, left back, left sided centre back & central midfielder.

Would much rather give Lookman a proper chance in the team & have Vlasic & Dowell as depth gaining game time in cup games or when injuries occur. For me attacking midfield, is not a priority as much as other more pressing voids of quality in the team.

Haven't the foggiest mate. He's in the Uruguay squad for the WC thats all I know. What do our Argentinuan based posters thunk of him?.

For left back I quite like the Spanish lad who plays for Benfica, but Portuguese clubs are buggers to deal with.

Colombian?

If you look at the players we have for the 3 attacking midfield slots...

Bolasie - Sell
Walcott
Dowell
Lookman
Sigurdsson
Vlasic
Onyekuru - loan for work permit

I'd drop Sigurdsson back into centre midfield to replace Rooney. He has the fitness to go box to box.

That leaves;

Walcott
Dowell
Vlasic
Lookman

I'd then go and sign Kluivert and Lozano for the flanks...bundles of pace and the guile of Dowell and Vlasic.

That`s actually a good shout.

He`s just about Championship level.

A swap with one of their better players, plus cash.

Although I`m struggling to think of any Swansea player that would add to the team ?
He's from the Black Country. I keep on clinging to the hope that Wolves may think they some premier experience in their defence. If we could get back half of our outlay on him that would be a result.

I'd normally agree with you mate, but we already have about 10 players of that age group in and around the first team squad and I think that's enough for now. As I said, we have 4/5 positions in our team that need filling with quality players ready to be premier starters now. They won't come cheap, although we may be able to pick up the odd player out of contract. We only have so much to spend, and even that will be determined by how much we get in from transfers out.

The time to get this lad was probably last year when we could have picked him up for a few mill. Now he's had a season in a top league behind him he won't come cheap. We just have other more important targets in my opinion.

I'd say Lookman and Holgate are the only 2 possible starters for us at u21.

Kenny, Dowell, Vlasic and Davies as squad players.

Anyone else hasn't made it into the squad really...

I think the way to get into the top 4 is to have 11 u21s in the squad who are good enough to start and put in at least average performances.

Aaron Martin, Chilwell, Sessegnon, Tierney for example would all fit into the Lookman/Holgate box...

I think we could easily bring in 2 more u21s like Kluivert and Lozano for example as theyre a level above what we have now...most important is quality.

Colombian?

If you look at the players we have for the 3 attacking midfield slots...

Bolasie - Sell
Walcott
Dowell
Lookman
Sigurdsson
Vlasic
Onyekuru - loan for work permit

I'd drop Sigurdsson back into centre midfield to replace Rooney. He has the fitness to go box to box.

That leaves;

Walcott
Dowell
Vlasic
Lookman

I'd then go and sign Kluivert and Lozano for the flanks...bundles of pace and the guile of Dowell and Vlasic.

Yeah, no problem adding back to the mix with quality should we be able to get rid of a couple of bodies first (that Lozano does look some talent tbh) but my real point was that we have to sort out the spots in the team we are chronically short before treating ourselves to flashy new toys first.

We need to bin about 10 players before we start bringing people in tbh.
Therein lies the problem. You are talking about an awful lot of players on top money, who frankly have shown they are not up to the task. It must be like 15m-20m in wages that we could free up, let alone the hope that someone will actually pay us decent money to take them off our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.