Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate.

That just shows why you don't pay too much attention to stats.

I watched the whole game and concentrated wholly on Lozano, except when Germany were in possession on their left when I focused on the left back.

From memory I saw Lozano attempt 3 tackles. Two were fouls in dangerous positions, one of which they hit the bar from. The third was a very dubious attempt right in the edge of the box that may or may not have been a penalty/free kick. Even the commentator expressed an opinion that he may have got away with one, and he was substituted about 2 minutes later.

His passing was ok. No better. But I don't see him as that type of player anyway. All his passes were short easy ones and the one pass that went astray was a pass deep inside his own half without looking that led to another German opportunity.

2 of the 3 chances he created I thought he took the wrong option. Both were breakaways. One he played in a poor ball that went behind Hernandez which meant he struggled to get a decent effort on goal, and he should have played in the guy in the right anyway. The second he was on a clear run into the box and could have crossed with his left, but came back on himself, probably trying to get a shot away but ended up getting crowded out. He passed it back outside the area to midfielder running into it who's effort was pretty tame. I don't recall he 3rd chance he created.

I don't recall the 4 successful take-ons, unless you include the step insides for the goal and another missed chance. I expected more of this from him having watched his youtube videos, but I accept Germany is a huge step up from the Dutch league.

I actually saw 3 attempts on goal, not 2. One was a fantastic block from Boateng, one was saved and the other obviously was a goal. All 3 on target which you have to say is impressive. Plus 8 touches inside the box in just over 60 mins is what you want to see from a wide striker.

Look Zat, I've had the night to sleep on this. The lad had a good game and scored a very good goal, keeping his head in a high pressure situation. His pace is frightening and I still can't believe how Germany afforded him so much space. He is a fantastic prospect.

But I still don't believe he was as good last night as the commentators and people on here are making out. That's all I'm saying. I don't know why people are trying to convince me he did when my own eyes say otherwise.

I don't believe he is too good for Everton like some on here are saying. His is still young and inexperienced and you can see that in his game. He has great pace and is clinical in front of goal but he will still find the premier a massive step up from the Dutch league. I really hope we go in for him s I think he'll fit right in with Marco's plans and, together with Walcott and Lookman, we'll have real pacey options up front.

Tbh mate i just posted it to you as i thought you may be interested ;)

I wasnt focused on either player as i was swept away in the euphoria cheering the Mexicans along in an outdoor bar with about 12 germans knocking around.

Layun was truly appalling and his 8 shots would have had a higher chance of a goal it it had been lozano on the ball...

Lets see how he does in the next game :)

Sky Sports News understands that Everton have prioritised signing a centre half and a winger in the current transfer window as well as a left back.

Last week we revealed that Everton are interested in German international Marvin Plattenhardt as they look to bring in a long term successor to Leighton Baines.

On top of that they are looking to strengthen their options at centre half. Phil Jagielka, Everton’s most dependable central defender last season, turns 36 on 17th Augus, Michael Keane endured a mixed first campaign after his £25m move from Burnley and Ashley Williams didn’t figure again for previous manager Sam Allardyce after being sent off in the 2-1 defeat at Burnley on March 3.

They also retain an interest in bringing in a central midfielder, with William Carvalho a target. Greater productivity from wide areas is a key area they are looking to address with Marco Silva favouring a 4-3-3 formation.

Tbh mate i just posted it to you as i thought you may be interested ;)

I wasnt focused on either player as i was swept away in the euphoria cheering the Mexicans along in an outdoor bar with about 12 germans knocking around.

Layun was truly appalling and his 8 shots would have had a higher chance of a goal it it had been lozano on the ball...

Lets see how he does in the next game :)
I watched the game in my own living room on my own but still punched tge air and shouted get in lad as if he was already one of ours.

Would show up the limitations of our previous two full time managers if he can get a tune out of the current squad without too many changes.

I believe the squad is almost there and the positions such as centre half and left back which look to have been identified are key.
Central midfield and a wide forward secondary but maybe Lookman, Banigame (spelling) or Dowell could step up.

Sky Sports News understands that Everton have prioritised signing a centre half and a winger in the current transfer window as well as a left back.

Last week we revealed that Everton are interested in German international Marvin Plattenhardt as they look to bring in a long term successor to Leighton Baines.

On top of that they are looking to strengthen their options at centre half. Phil Jagielka, Everton’s most dependable central defender last season, turns 36 on 17th Augus, Michael Keane endured a mixed first campaign after his £25m move from Burnley and Ashley Williams didn’t figure again for previous manager Sam Allardyce after being sent off in the 2-1 defeat at Burnley on March 3.

They also retain an interest in bringing in a central midfielder, with William Carvalho a target. Greater productivity from wide areas is a key area they are looking to address with Marco Silva favouring a 4-3-3 formation.

At least they have correctly identified the priorities if this is true.

There was always going to be a vacum we were going to have to accept. Like the summer of Koeman and Walsh when they joined.

Frankly i think we will see minimum transfer activity, not a bad thing, step back to take a step forward.

..I was hoping we’d already taken the step back.

Chatting with somebody centrally involved in the game last night, he wondered if Silva might not achieve as much as Allardyce did with this group of players. He thought he’d need to bring in his own players to fit his own team model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back