Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is amazing how deals can takes weeks to get sorted (especially when Everton are involved) and yet on the final day of a transfer window, everyone bends over backwards and manage to get deals done in just 1 day. Can see Everton having a quite busy last day this window as it has taken us a couple of months to just get 2 in and the 2nd one isnt even complete yet.

Rojo isn't rubbish.

He was when he first came to the PL. He couldn't settle, but since then, he has improved.

In Mourinho's first season he made 41 appearances in all comps and was actually very solid.

He does have a poor injury record though, and I wouldn't be confident on him leading the defence.

If it was for a lower fee and there'd be the promise of another CB coming in, I wouldn't mind it. But even though I'm not massively keen on the deal, I won't discount him as rubbish, because he simply isn't.

I know jags is past it but I still love the guy and want him to retire with the team
No one mentions Capt Jags more than me and I was hoping beyond hope that his new slip on boots might elevate his performance to ‘first name on the team sheet’ level. His leadership qualities, we are all well acquainted with...peerless. On the CB playing front? Probably a little early to tell whether him and Snail Keane can work together. Both are ball playing CBs and both possess pace to burn. Too similar then? Possibly, though I’d say the jury’s out on that. What about a Capt Jags, Tubby Ashley partnership.?I’d like to see this trialled prior to the derby game...sure, it looks good on paper but...
Stonesy and Hatch have got a bit of thinking to do.

Its embarrassing how we always roll over for Utd. We take their crap and let them have our best without much of a fight.

That said...I'd take Rojo IF we got Mina as well. Digne - Rojo - Mina - Coleman is not a bad back 4.

Rojo isn't rubbish.

He was when he first came to the PL. He couldn't settle, but since then, he has improved.

In Mourinho's first season he made 41 appearances in all comps and was actually very solid.

He does have a poor injury record though, and I wouldn't be confident on him leading the defence.

If it was for a lower fee and there'd be the promise of another CB coming in, I wouldn't mind it. But even though I'm not massively keen on the deal, I won't discount him as rubbish, because he simply isn't.

He is

Rojo seems like a complete liability when we need someone consistent. Very worrying. Liverpool Echo said we are interested too. Have to question Brands if we go through with this as he’s another former Silva player.

Do we though?

It's well known Brands wanted Richarlison at PSV and we look to be very close to signing Digne from Barca. So should questions be asked about that?

The only questions that should be asked are if the player fits the style Silva/Brands want the team to play, and if the deal is right.

In this case I think the answer to the first question is yes. But I'm not sure the deal is right at that quoted price.

If he didn’t play for United you’d all love him. Seriously I don’t know what some of you want. We have Jagielka Keane and Williams on the books and you’re turning your noses up at a 28 year old Argentine international with premier league experience trusted by defensive minded managers of the calibre of Van Gaal and Mourinho. He’s strong aggressive and good on the ball. ‘Yeah bit he gets red cards’, like none of our centrebacks ever get them.

If we made a double swoop for both Rojo and Bailly I would be relatively pleased. Was never sold on Mina so I'm ok with moving onto other options. Just hoping we didn't wait far too long.

It's Maguire utd want or aldeweireld. Think Mina is their 3rd choice.

On Rojo - injuries and age concern me a bit. I would rather someone younger and fitter. Only twice in his career has he appeared in over 30 games in a season. Not good. You could imagine him quickly realising he's on good money at a club going nowhere ans just phoning it in from the treatment room.

But....we desperately need a centre back who is comfortable playing a high line. Rojo has got to be better than what we have in that respect, having been at man utd.

United fans seem to be disappointed that they're letting him go rather than Jones or smalling, which is very interesting. I

Silva managed him very briefly at Sporting but I am not sure he actually played under Silva as he got disciplined by the club for skipping training and forcing through the man utd move.

If he didn’t play for United you’d all love him. Seriously I don’t know what some of you want. We have Jagielka Keane and Williams on the books and you’re turning your noses up at a 28 year old Argentine international with premier league experience trusted by defensive minded managers of the calibre of Van Gaal and Mourinho. He’s strong aggressive and good on the ball. ‘Yeah bit he gets red cards’, like none of our centrebacks ever get them.

Phil Neville was also trusted bya Utd manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back