Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swerve this mercenary....he's not the only one of course....
I know what you mean but it's hard not to see where the lad's coming from. If he's been told by United that they'll make a move if they don't get their first choice and he knows that our offer will be on the table anyway, he'd be pretty stupid to accept our offer now in all honesty.

I don't want to speak for him but I think what @Barnfred 55 means (because it's what I think too) is that the player could move to us or Lyon now because we've made bids to Barcelona, but he knows United are interested, and he wants to go there, so he's waiting to see if they make a formal bid before he commits. Chances are that all the clubs involved are aware of the situation and so aren't making the player rush his decision.
Pretty much it. Except if the story is true, Barca haven't accepted either bid yet, but I think they will do before the window closes if nobody else comes in.

I can see this going down to the wire, which doesn't really suit us as we really need a CB sorted and the last thing we need is to be scratching about on TDD.

Pretty much it. Except if the story is true, Barca haven't accepted either bid yet, but I think they will do before the window closes if nobody else comes in.

I can see this going down to the wire, which doesn't really suit us as we really need a CB sorted and the last thing we need is to be scratching about on TDD.
Yeah that's what I meant by all clubs being aware though. I wouldn't be surprised if Barcelona are happy with the offers made (hence not having rejected them) but know that accepting them formally would basically mean the player has to accept or decline the offer now. In not accepting the offer they buy him some time to wait for United to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back