Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

..I doubt Silva wants him to win too many headers. Very interesting signing though in the context of team strategy. Andre Gomez has been linked lots and is 6ft 2in. I know some on here like him even though he’s failed to live up to expectations at Barcelona.

Next 24 hours will shape our season.

I like both the signings to be honest. We are not committed to be fees and are avoiding buying the shiny new thing. Moyes (and to a degree Kendall) signed lads who it hasn't always worked out for them. That can obviously lead to a better price, but also people (and therein footballers) who have had a bit of adversity often have a bit of a chip on their shoulder. This is not to be confused with terminal decline, but guys who are early to mid 20's and got something to prove can be terrific signings.

Gomes to be hasn't been right since about 3 years ago when he had a good season at Valencia. He needs a change. Bernard is more the opposite and seems to be getting better each season which is critical seeing him get used to his size.

After a slow start the window is shaping up very well. We've kept most of the young players, found decent loans for a couple of the younger lads and seem to be adding people at lower prices.

"Everton have fought off competition from Chelsea, Spurs, Atletico Madrid and West Ham to secure the signing of Brazilian Winger Bernard "

Translation: Everton cave in first to exorbitant wages and agents fees, as we also look to be doing with Mina

He apparently wanted 200k a week.
The reason the others don't want him is because he has no strength
Sign no centre backs and we finish second coz we’re like Newcastle under keegan. We’ll be everyone’s second favourite team and we’ll average 7 goals a game and be first on motd every week.
Sign a centre back and we are next seasons champions league winners.

Guaranteed.

I’m not saying we will sign Gomes but I wouldn’t be shocked if we did
Bernard and one/two more tomorrow

Bernard is an pleasant surprise to me. I’m concerned about the CB situation, I would think two are needed but only one seems possibl in Mina. Hope they get sorted but I’m feeling pessimistic.

Pickford
Coleman Zouma Mina Digne
Gana Gomes
Walcott Sig Bernard
Richarlison

I think after 5 or 6 games, he would move Richarlison up top.

Better than Schneiderlin though. Won’t bw getting a look in at Chelsea with Jorginho Kante and Kovacic. Could be a smart loan deal. If our creativity is going to be all up top perhaps Silva sees Bakayoko and Gueye just sweeping up everything.

He would be a very smart loan deal. We have to get real to the fact that if a talented lad joined Chelsea and did brilliantly we can't sign them. We have to take a gamble sometimes. He looks an imposing player. Look at what Silva did with Chalobolah last season (from Chelsea but less pedigree). There's a player in there.

GET ZOUMA IN ON LOAN AT LEAST.

After everything Brands has achieved in terms of getting rid and buying QUALITY for the actual first 11, i really cannot see them not buying 2 cbs.

I know they have this but seriously hope nothing goes wrong in their plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back