Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

"After the Darkness, comes the light"...

After over 30 years of being an Everton fan, last season was the first season that broke me....actually stopped watching towards the end....had been struggling with Koeman's Everton, absolutely hated everything we had become under Big Sam....

It was gonna take something special to restore my optimism....

New young and exciting manager, a DOF who looks to have lived up to his hype...... 2 Brazilian signings, 3 players from Barcelona, and Zouma.... Optimism restored

looking forward to watching the Blues again, even if we don't challenge for Top 4 this season, atleast we can enjoy good entertaining football again, and maybe a lash at the FA Cup...

ZOUMA TO EVERTON?
Kurt Zouma loan move from Chelsea to Everton could still go through today but Zouma has still has not travelled up to Merseyside
— Kaveh Solhekol (@SkyKaveh) August 9, 2018

I think its excellent business. You can just afford to bring in 6 top players, the cost is staggering. What we have been able to do is bring in 6, while only paying transfer fees for 3 of them, so at half of the cost. The only players you worry about being on loan are the ones you WANT to stay. We have that in Digne, Richy, and Mina, and Bernard on a free. That leaves Zouma and Gomes on loan. Out of our signings Gomes is seen as the bigger risk, so loan is the smart way to approach it, leaving Zouma as the one youd prefer as a purchase, but would just cost too much right now. To be honest, no one will care that we had 2 players on loan and now cant keep them if they all play so well we compete for a top 4 spot. Thats a GOOD problem to have. The one thing we want to avoid is having flops like we did last season.

Good post mate and excellent points, id like to see the detail of each deal hopefully we might have buy out clauses if they prove succesful.

I am disapointed with the Yerri deal seems like a gloried loan to me, but i accept the detail isnt in the public domain yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back