Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If lozano continues playing at this level he will go to a top 4 team
Same with bissaka
Barca will want 35m+ for gomes to cover what they paid for him
Zouma will be around 30m but said he will speak with Chelsea first, with luiz and Cahill leaving he will get a chance like Barkley got
No one is going to pay 20m for a 30 year old walcott and won't stump up his 100k+ a week wages
Niasse won't go for 15m

Other then that it's fine
Have you ever posted something positive about Everton.
How sad must your life be to come on a forum of your local rivals, pretending to be a fan

We don’t need additional players in Jan.

If we can sign Gomes, possibly Zouma and 2 or 3 others in the summer (hopefully Lozano is one) then we’ll already be set for next season

...I’d imagine sales are preferable to loans.

Not so sure, i think we tend to play the long game with our investments until its clear we have maxed out value wise on our investment. I think we would send Sncheiderlin out on loan and increase our value, before looking at a bigger summer market.

Seems to be our approach to these things with Niasse, Bolaise, Cleverly, Besic etc. Their book price drops, we get a loan fee, percentage of their wage and the chance to increase their value in a context.

We don’t need additional players in Jan.

If we can sign Gomes, possibly Zouma and 2 or 3 others in the summer (hopefully Lozano is one) then we’ll already be set for next season
We're a couple injuries away from being back to last season's dreadful side. We do need 1 or 2 in Jan I feel.

Not so sure, i think we tend to play the long game with our investments until its clear we have maxed out value wise on our investment. I think we would send Sncheiderlin out on loan and increase our value, before looking at a bigger summer market.

Seems to be our approach to these things with Niasse, Bolaise, Cleverly, Besic etc. Their book price drops, we get a loan fee, percentage of their wage and the chance to increase their value in a context.

...ok, I thought we’d loaned the likes of Bolasie, Sandro and Besic out because we couldn’t sell them. Indeed, I thought we’d agreed a permanent deal with Middlesbrough for Besic only for it to collapse because of agents fees.

If lozano continues playing at this level he will go to a top 4 team
Same with bissaka
Barca will want 35m+ for gomes to cover what they paid for him
Zouma will be around 30m but said he will speak with Chelsea first, with luiz and Cahill leaving he will get a chance like Barkley got
No one is going to pay 20m for a 30 year old walcott and won't stump up his 100k+ a week wages
Niasse won't go for 15m

Other then that it's fine
why is david luiz leaving Chelsea

he's started every game for them this season

Barca wanted 35mil for him, mate. It's why we didn't buy him.
In fairness all the paper talk I saw at the time was £20m. He didn't make the Portugal WC squad so his stock wasn't at it's highest. I know you're in the business mate and will be privy to things we don't get to see, but I don't recall ever seeing anything to suggest they were asking that amount for him.

Gomes: £30m
Zouma: £30m
Lozano: £35m
Wan-Bissaka: £30m
Batshuayi: Loan
Total: £125m (+ Loan Fee)

Tosun: £25m
Walcott: £15m
Schneiderlin: £10m
Total: £50m

£75m Net Spend for a team ready to compete with the Top 6

My take on Gomes is this
He’s 26 at the start of next season
He’s a busted flush at Barca
Barca don’t want him and the fans don’t want him
He has wasted 2 vital years of his career at Barca
They were offering him around at 20m in the summer
He lost his place in the Portuguese national side and has just got it back
He seems happy here and though not fully fit he is settling in and seems to be getting his form back
He knows his next move will be his last chance to prove his worth
Gomes can’t take a risk with his next move , he has to go somewhere he’s happy and playing regularly
If a club offers more than we are prepared to pay and Gomes says no , I either sign for Everton or no one , what do Barca do ?
I can see us signing him for a reasonable fee and nowhere near what Barca paid for him as he will only have 1 maybe 2 years left on his contract

From what I've seen we were quoted around 45m for gomes by barca. We offered to take him on loan first, Barca said no, nobody bought him because of his inflated price and we went back in for him on loan in the final few days of the window and barca begrudgingly let us loan him.

Barcalona are notoriously difficult negotiators and I think anyone expecting his price tag to be less then 40m will be in for a shock personally. His contract runs untill 2021 so he's got 2 left after his loan spell finishes.

Hopefully brands can work his magic but you just have to look at how we had our pants pulled down over yerry. They bought him for 10m in January, he was crap for them, he had a half decent world cup, he wasn't even registered for their squad and we ended up paying 30m plus add-ons for him.

Just my opinion and analyse on our approach!

..i’d be very surprised if that’s a strategy, I think it’s more about the best we can do because nobody is prepared to buy them. I imagine the club were delighted to shift Klaassen on a permanent and would welcome with open arms the chance to do the same with Bolasie, Sandro, Besic and Mirallas.

In fairness all the paper talk I saw at the time was £20m. He didn't make the Portugal WC squad so his stock wasn't at it's highest. I know you're in the business mate and will be privy to things we don't get to see, but I don't recall ever seeing anything to suggest they were asking that amount for him.

I'm certain it was in an interview with Brands that the 35mil (euro) figure was quoted, mate

Maybe I'm wrong!

Gomes: £30m
Zouma: £30m
Lozano: £35m
Wan-Bissaka: £30m
Batshuayi: Loan
Total: £125m (+ Loan Fee)

Tosun: £25m
Walcott: £15m
Schneiderlin: £10m
Total: £50m

£75m Net Spend for a team ready to compete with the Top 6

We are not getting Wan Bissaka!

Why would he come here to sit behind Coleman? He is at a stage where he needs to play every week and he is playing for the club he supports. If he was to move it would be to someone bigger than us without a big roadblock in his way.

Kenny is still here too...

From what I've seen we were quoted around 45m for gomes by barca. We offered to take him on loan first, Barca said no, nobody bought him because of his inflated price and we went back in for him on loan in the final few days of the window and barca begrudgingly let us loan him.

Barcalona are notoriously difficult negotiators and I think anyone expecting his price tag to be less then 40m will be in for a shock personally. His contract runs untill 2021 so he's got 2 left after his loan spell finishes.

Hopefully brands can work his magic but you just have to look at how we had our pants pulled down over yerry. They bought him for 10m in January, he was crap for them, he had a half decent world cup, he wasn't even registered for their squad and we ended up paying 30m plus add-ons for him.

Barca DID NOT buy Mina in January.

Please research this...instead of the unsavoury negativity.

They had a pre contract agreement with his club and him just after he moved to Brazil...he was already signed sealed and waiting to be delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back