Summer 2024 transfer thread.

I thought he signed a 1 year deal with Luton?
Nobody strangely knows, its kinda weird.

Asked if it was now a priority to tie down the former Everton and Chelsea player to a longer deal, a cryptic Edwards revealed that might not have to be the case, saying: “I don’t think I ever said how long we signed him for. He might have signed for longer than that (end of the season), I’m not going to say. We don’t like to give too much away, but I’ll let people go and do their work. I’ll have to go and ask someone as well, I think he’s longer than a year.”

His own Manager doesnt even know, although I suspect that might be a joke, but its never really been confirmed how long his contract is.

We have no chance of signing Archie Gray. It's not even remotely realistic.

Leeds have ten first team players out on loan:

They are still paying off the fees for most of those players.

They also have a squad of 26 in their first team including 3 players in on loan:

They are paying for several new signings and others brought in over the past few seasons.

As others have posted, the rumours are that if they dont get promotion they will need to generate income from sales.

If they do not get promoted their players with the highest sale value would probably be:

Summerville, Gnonto & Gray

Or you disagree?

Leeds have ten first team players out on loan:

They are still paying off the fees for most of those players.

They also have a squad of 26 in their first team including 3 players in on loan:

They are paying for several new signings and others brought in over the past few seasons.

As others have posted, the rumours are that if they dont get promotion they will need to generate income from sales.

If they do not get promoted their players with the highest sale value would probably be:

Summerville, Gnonto & Gray

Or you disagree?

I think the point he’s making is that much better teams will be after him even if we could afford him.

Going to be a tough window I think. We have a small budget and need to use it well especially as we are losing a number of players.

I think we will end up offering extensions to some players. Eg. coleman

Coleman is categorically 100% finished, he can’t even stay fit for more than 2 games anymore. Would be a complete waste of time giving him a new deal when he’s never even available.

I think the point he’s making is that much better teams will be after him even if we could afford him.

Oh if thats what @Bkk Andy was saying then theyre almost certainly going to be correct.

I would expect United to come in with an offer for him this summer. Whether he would agree to leave is another thing.

However, if we did sell Onana and moved very quickly with a take it or leave it offer that Leeds needed to accept...you never know.

He'd certainly get game time with us over a move to a bigger side.

Right back
Right wing
Left wing
Centre mid

All needed
1 Right back

I hope we release Coleman and Young. Dyche doesn't rate Patterson so we might as well sell. So on any view we definitely need a starting right back and a utility defender who can cover both full back positions unless we intend to keep Godfrey for that role.

2. Centre half.

I would love us to keep Branthwaite but we have to be realistic. Similarly I expect Holgate to go ( probably on loan again) and maybe sell Keane. So we need a starting centre half and cover.

3. Central midfield.

Onana will be sold. Gomes will be released. Id keep Gana . We need a starting centre mid and another as cover.

4. Right midfield.

I definitely would not look to keep Harrison but Dyche likes him. For me a replacement with pace is absolutely essential and would give us better attacking options.

5. Centre Forward

DCL will only have a year left. Beto is no where near good enough to start. Id be tempted to cash in on DCL whilst his stock is relatively high and replace.