Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Gonna have to be creative,
Free transfers that could do a job while we balance the books:
Barkley and Brownhill midfield
Taylor and tosin defence

If Leeds stay down Harrison on loan again

I like odobert from Burnley too, very quick and direct but not sure how much he'd be
We desperately need some pace

If / when they sell Onana he will be replaced with someone cheap or free, likes of Josh Brownhill or I saw someone mention Alan Browne, don’t expect Everton to sign another player of Onanas pedigree. If we could somehow keep Branthwaite that makes the summer a lot easier

How much would we get in sales ?
Maupay £5 mill
Branthwaite £75 mill
Onana £60 mill
Patterson £5 mill
Keane £2/3 mill
DCL £25 mill

So perhaps £175 mill , I don't know.

If we did I could see us applying £100 mill to reducing the debt and £75 mill on players.

I suspect we will see a couple of free transfers for squad players ( centre half , centre mid ) with fees paid for a starting right back and midfield, centre mid and striker.

That's a very modest budget to replace 4 first teamers .

1 Right back

I hope we release Coleman and Young. Dyche doesn't rate Patterson so we might as well sell. So on any view we definitely need a starting right back and a utility defender who can cover both full back positions unless we intend to keep Godfrey for that role.

2. Centre half.

I would love us to keep Branthwaite but we have to be realistic. Similarly I expect Holgate to go ( probably on loan again) and maybe sell Keane. So we need a starting centre half and cover.

3. Central midfield.

Onana will be sold. Gomes will be released. Id keep Gana . We need a starting centre mid and another as cover.

4. Right midfield.

I definitely would not look to keep Harrison but Dyche likes him. For me a replacement with pace is absolutely essential and would give us better attacking options.

5. Centre Forward

DCL will only have a year left. Beto is no where near good enough to start. Id be tempted to cash in on DCL whilst his stock is relatively high and replace.

The two main things for me are:

A: Keeping Branthwaite
B: Bringing in 3 u21s with very high potential.

This way we go from Onana + Branthwaite to having 4 young high potential players (not to mention Chermiti) to build around.

At least one of those needs to be a difference maker in a wide position.

Josh Brownhill is obvious one, isn't he?

We will certainly be linked with him, probably the Burnley LB Charlie Taylor as well as he’s out of contract as well. Just hope we don’t go for Jack Cork and Jay Rodriguez, think they are both past it.

Gonna have to be creative,
Free transfers that could do a job while we balance the books:
Barkley and Brownhill midfield
Taylor and tosin defence

If Leeds stay down Harrison on loan again

I like odobert from Burnley too, very quick and direct but not sure how much he'd be
We desperately need some pace

If / when they sell Onana he will be replaced with someone cheap or free, likes of Josh Brownhill or I saw someone mention Alan Browne, don’t expect Everton to sign another player of Onanas pedigree. If we could somehow keep Branthwaite that makes the summer a lot easier

Why would we sign Brownhill when hes not good enough for Burnley? Were not trying to get relegated for another season...

How much would we get in sales ?
Maupay £5 mill
Branthwaite £75 mill
Onana £60 mill
Patterson £5 mill
Keane £2/3 mill
DCL £25 mill

So perhaps £175 mill , I don't know.

If we did I could see us applying £100 mill to reducing the debt and £75 mill on players.

I suspect we will see a couple of free transfers for squad players ( centre half , centre mid ) with fees paid for a starting right back and midfield, centre mid and striker.

That's a very modest budget to replace 4 first teamers .

Very hard to tell based on us not knowing how the new owners will structure the loans.

Also Charlie Taylor.

If i was putting money down it would be on that one.

Thats ok as a backup left back for the short term. Just neither of them can be rotation or starters.

Even then, better off signing cheaper younger players.

The other day i mentioned this chap: