Summer 2024 transfer thread.

We need another Gareth Barry and another Tarkowski to fall into our lap.

Spend what little money we have from selling Pickford, Branthewaite, and Onana (after covering old losses) into filling out a relatively low wage squad, and hope to get lucky with some of them.

Another Bolasie or 2 will sink us.
The problem is we are not an attractive destination and the negativity around us just compounds it. It’s gonna be a tough sell for anyone.

Tete's a really good shout. I was very impressed with him last season and surprised he hasn't got in ahead of Castagne who's a steady full back but not as good going forward.

Ogbene feels like a Dyche signing....did someone say he's out of contract or have I got that wrong? Someone in the bottom half will pick him up so he'll remain in the premier league even if Luton don't.
Don't know why we never went in for Ogbene last summer. Free transfer, low wages, was playing well for Ireland and a position we desperately needed players in

Difference is everyone now knows the PSR rules as they stand are getting thrown out
They will still apply for this year's accounts. Question is will points deductions be used. Clubs will still be wary about massive signings in June, but some clubs are protected from it all so it should be possible to sell.

They will still apply for this year's accounts. Question is will points deductions be used. Clubs will still be wary about massive signings in June, but some clubs are protected from it all so it should be possible to sell.

I think this is more related to premier league sides.

Im hoping:

Onana = Bayern
Doucoure = Saudi
Keane/Godfrey = Italy

To kick things off

The issue with Pickford is the top clubs are sorted for keepers for now.

Last season he was getting linked with Spurs and Man. United. One has signed Vicario and the other has signed Onana who after a terrible start has looked a bit more competent recently. Both are long term number ones rather than stop gaps.

He's obviously never going to sign for Newcastle either so if he decided to move on the options are pretty limited unless Chelsea fancy blowing 50m + on him.

He'll also have seen what has happened to Ramsdale this season so I think he'd just prefer to stay here and be number one as might be a change of England manager aswell in next six months so no guarantee he'd be as favoured under the next one as he is under Southgate.

Once Utd get a new manager in the summer they'd be a fool to not replace Onana instantly. If they do, Pickford would be right at the top of their shopping list as he's levels above Onana who is an abysmal keeper.

Once Utd get a new manager in the summer they'd be a fool to not replace Onana instantly. If they do, Pickford would be right at the top of their shopping list as he's levels above Onana who is an abysmal keeper.

United, Chelsea and Arsenal seem to be teams that he would easily walk into.

I think a Ramsdale swap and cash coming to us wouldnt be a bad thing.

We need another Gareth Barry and another Tarkowski to fall into our lap.

Spend what little money we have from selling Pickford, Branthewaite, and Onana (after covering old losses) into filling out a relatively low wage squad, and hope to get lucky with some of them.

Another Bolasie or 2 will sink us.
Well it's a-okay as we have a rather big scouting department definitely searching for players/bargains, even if it's based on raw stats (like the Gueye signing from Villa).

Right?